Locking terminal in CE - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Locking terminal in CE - Windows CE ; Does anybody know of a way to lock a terminal that is running CE? I have an application that runs on terminals running Windows CE that interact with many users. I would like the ability to lock the terminal while ...

  1. Locking terminal in CE

    Does anybody know of a way to lock a terminal that is running CE? I
    have an application that runs on terminals running Windows CE that
    interact with many users. I would like the ability to lock the terminal
    while my application is running so that it is all these users can see
    and use.

    Hope this description is understandable.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: Locking terminal in CE

    On 2 Feb 2005 16:02:07 -0800, ryankbrown@hotmail.com wrote:

    >Does anybody know of a way to lock a terminal that is running CE? I
    >have an application that runs on terminals running Windows CE that
    >interact with many users. I would like the ability to lock the terminal
    >while my application is running so that it is all these users can see
    >and use.

    Understandable, and common, question. See
    http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/kiosk_mode.html
    You can use google to look up references to the articles mentioned
    here and/or "kiosk mode".

    If these "terminals" are running Pocket PC/Windows Mobile for Pocket
    PC, then see the 26 Jan 2005 contribution from Sergey Bogdanov to a
    thread called "full screen" in microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.

    >Hope this description is understandable.
    >
    >Thanks in advance!

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R