IE-Display in CE-Handheld - Windows CE

This is a discussion on IE-Display in CE-Handheld - Windows CE ; Hi, I was just thinking about getting a dell handheld device with windows CE and wlan compatibility. Obviously this comes with down-sized versions of Internet Explorer and Outlook. But how are web pages with interactive content and multimedia actually displayed? ...

  1. IE-Display in CE-Handheld

    Hi,

    I was just thinking about getting a dell handheld device with windows CE and
    wlan compatibility. Obviously this comes with down-sized versions of
    Internet Explorer and Outlook. But how are web pages with interactive
    content and multimedia actually displayed? Can you view pages with
    macromedia flash? Is any dynamic content like ebay displayed like on a usual
    home pc?

    Thanks,
    Nico

  2. Re: IE-Display in CE-Handheld

    I am using an old IBM z50 (CE 2.11). Pocket IE has only a limited
    usefulness. Most modern content will not work. (For Example - no Java
    support). I have been successful with dedicated "pocket" sites. (It is
    useful but extremely limited!)

    I have had better luck with my IPAQ Pocket PC (PPC 2002). However, both
    are not up to the standards of a modern Web Browser.

    DG

    "Nicolas Brentz" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was just thinking about getting a dell handheld device with windows CE
    > and wlan compatibility. Obviously this comes with down-sized versions of
    > Internet Explorer and Outlook. But how are web pages with interactive
    > content and multimedia actually displayed? Can you view pages with
    > macromedia flash? Is any dynamic content like ebay displayed like on a
    > usual home pc?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nico

+ Reply to Thread