secure FTP client for Pocket PC/WinCE - Windows CE

This is a discussion on secure FTP client for Pocket PC/WinCE - Windows CE ; We have developed a FTP client for Pocket PC 2002 (patched with EUU3) with eVC++. It is based on InternetOpen, InternetConnect, InternetReadFile/WriteFile (for download), ReadFile/InternetWriteFile (for upload) as indicated by MS to overcome a bug in the FtpPutFile and FtpGetFile. ...

  1. secure FTP client for Pocket PC/WinCE

    We have developed a FTP client for Pocket PC 2002 (patched with EUU3)
    with eVC++. It is based on InternetOpen, InternetConnect,
    InternetReadFile/WriteFile (for download), ReadFile/InternetWriteFile
    (for upload) as indicated by MS to overcome a bug in the FtpPutFile
    and FtpGetFile.

    Now we need to add "secure FTP" features, ideally FTPs (ie using
    SSL/TLS) or even sFTP (ie using SSH). I searched in several groups
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc, comp.os.ms-windows.ce,
    microsoft.public.windowsce) for directions but didn't find anything
    really useful. Is there any other website/group I should look at?

    Is there any library, commercial or open source (even if it needs
    porting), that does the job? Is it better (I think of portability) to
    work with sockets instead of using (bugged) Wininet? Would be easier
    to implement the "secure FTP" for MS Mobile 2003 or WinCE 4.2 (in
    eVC++).

    Any help is much appreciated.

    giansalvo

  2. Re: secure FTP client for Pocket PC/WinCE

    Yes, microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer

    ~S.

    ggusinu@yahoo.it (Giansalvo Gusinu) wrote in
    news:fd713667.0407210755.6f4660f2@posting.google.c om:

    --
    ======================
    ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

  3. Re: secure FTP client for Pocket PC/WinCE

    I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to
    look up
    secure ftp windows ce
    and got 2450 hits. That would be a lot to wade through, but a quick
    glance suggests you'll find useful leads quickly.

    On 21 Jul 2004 08:55:28 -0700, ggusinu@yahoo.it (Giansalvo Gusinu)
    wrote:

    >We have developed a FTP client for Pocket PC 2002 (patched with EUU3)
    >with eVC++. It is based on InternetOpen, InternetConnect,
    >InternetReadFile/WriteFile (for download), ReadFile/InternetWriteFile
    >(for upload) as indicated by MS to overcome a bug in the FtpPutFile
    >and FtpGetFile.
    >
    >Now we need to add "secure FTP" features, ideally FTPs (ie using
    >SSL/TLS) or even sFTP (ie using SSH). I searched in several groups
    >(microsoft.public.pocketpc, comp.os.ms-windows.ce,
    >microsoft.public.windowsce) for directions but didn't find anything
    >really useful. Is there any other website/group I should look at?
    >
    >Is there any library, commercial or open source (even if it needs
    >porting), that does the job? Is it better (I think of portability) to
    >work with sockets instead of using (bugged) Wininet? Would be easier
    >to implement the "secure FTP" for MS Mobile 2003 or WinCE 4.2 (in
    >eVC++).
    >
    >Any help is much appreciated.
    >
    >giansalvo

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP