Windows CE 4.0: development options? - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Windows CE 4.0: development options? - Windows CE ; I've developed a C# Smart Device application in VS Professional 2003. Runs great on Pocket PC's. However, can't get the SqlServerCE database to run on our Windows CE 4.0 devices. Two questions: 1. Are there any other relational databases that ...

  1. Windows CE 4.0: development options?

    I've developed a C# Smart Device application in VS Professional 2003.
    Runs great on Pocket PC's. However, can't get the SqlServerCE
    database to run on our Windows CE 4.0 devices. Two questions:

    1. Are there any other relational databases that will run on Win CE
    4.0?
    2. What would the best programming option be, if our application as a
    whole will not run on WinCE 4.0, even without the SqlServerCE
    database?

    and oh yeah: 3. Was WinCE 4.0 simply meant as a "tech preview" OS,
    hence its poor (unguaranteed) support of the .NET CF?

  2. Re: Windows CE 4.0: development options?

    I definitely don't have a direct answer for you. However, I just used
    google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    windows ce 4 sqlserverce
    and got 25 hits. I think at least a few are _very_ relevant.

    On 23 Apr 2004 12:30:35 -0700, mjmst74@hotmail.com (joe fork) wrote:

    >I've developed a C# Smart Device application in VS Professional 2003.
    >Runs great on Pocket PC's. However, can't get the SqlServerCE
    >database to run on our Windows CE 4.0 devices. Two questions:
    >
    >1. Are there any other relational databases that will run on Win CE
    >4.0?
    >2. What would the best programming option be, if our application as a
    >whole will not run on WinCE 4.0, even without the SqlServerCE
    >database?
    >
    >and oh yeah: 3. Was WinCE 4.0 simply meant as a "tech preview" OS,
    >hence its poor (unguaranteed) support of the .NET CF?

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118