We're trying to set up a form with a button-based keyboard as a safer
alternative to the SIP. This is the page stripped down to its
essentials, minimal formatting, no auxiliary functions, etc. to demo:

http://ww3.intouchsurvey.com/testing/qwerty.html

Under Windows CE, in particular as implemented in the Fujitsu Pen
Centra 200, it takes a long time for the text field to be updated
after tapping a key. Is there a reason why it takes so long? We've
tried various solutions, but the best we've gotten are just minor
improvements.

Any suggestions on how to improve the response time are welcome.

Thank you,

Russell