Creating Connection without using Connection Manager Dialog - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Creating Connection without using Connection Manager Dialog - Windows CE ; Hi all, I am trying to write an app to automatically create Internet connection settings for pocketpc 2002 using win32 api. Assuming that there is a connection between a pocketpc and cell phone (could be serial port, irda, bluetooth etc; ...

  1. Creating Connection without using Connection Manager Dialog

    Hi all,

    I am trying to write an app to automatically create Internet
    connection settings for pocketpc 2002 using win32 api.

    Assuming that there is a connection between a pocketpc and cell
    phone (could be serial port, irda, bluetooth etc; as long as it
    can support data communication). The application should be able
    to create the connection settings without using the conn mgr
    dialog.

    1) Can I detect the phone model and carrier with some API or using
    AT commands? (This is required for determining Number to dial and
    baud rate.)
    2) Can I store the password somehow? It seems RasSetEntryProperties()
    does not store password..I looked at the registry entries created
    by connection manager and it stores password in an encrypted form.
    How do I achieve the same?
    3) Also RasSetEntryProperties() does not seem to be working! I tried
    to get the device config buffer for "Hayes Compatible Com 1" and
    used the same deviceID I get using TAPI functions.
    But the dev config buffer contains some other port info. Are the
    deviceIDs specified in TAPI and RAS Libraries for the same port
    different?

    Thanks in advance,
    Kapil

  2. Re: Creating Connection without using Connection Manager Dialog

    There already is such app for Pocket PC 2002 connection configuration from
    PC.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...c/connwiz.mspx

    Mayby this will help in some way.

    --

    ..: Jakub Kanczugowski
    ..: www.PDAclub.pl

  3. Re: Creating Connection without using Connection Manager Dialog

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply. I am able to create the required registry
    entries now and also able to connect using RasDial().

    But I am still stuck with the following questions:

    1. How to detect a wireless carrier? (like verizon or at&t given a
    phone. Is there any api for finding that out? The information is there
    in the phone as the phone displays it, but I just not able to find out
    how to retrieve that information from phone to pocketpc.)

    2. Is there some way, I can let the connection manager know about my
    connection? For example, consider this scenario, I run my program on
    pocketpc, create the registry entries and exit. Now, when I open
    internet explorer, it still asks me to set up a connection...in spite
    of the fact that my connection registry entry already exists!! and
    also my entry doesnt show up in the already existing connections list.

    3. I am looking at RasAutodial functionality...But the documentation
    is a bit hazy about it. does anybody have a working example and will
    it solve the above problem mentioned in 2.

    4. I am relatively new to posting messages...Are there any other
    active groups or resources I can tap into?

    Thanks again,
    Kapil.

    "Jakub Kanczugowski" wrote in message news:...
    > There already is such app for Pocket PC 2002 connection configuration from
    > PC.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...c/connwiz.mspx
    >
    > Mayby this will help in some way.

+ Reply to Thread