How do I . . . Windows CE 3.0 Image dumps - Windows CE

This is a discussion on How do I . . . Windows CE 3.0 Image dumps - Windows CE ; We have a few Handhelds (running windows ce 3.0) that our programmer (running MS Visual Studio 6.0 sp5) is developing a application for, he can download the application onto the handheld, then configure it for the person operating it. Our ...

  1. How do I . . . Windows CE 3.0 Image dumps

    We have a few Handhelds (running windows ce 3.0) that our programmer
    (running MS Visual Studio 6.0 sp5) is developing a application for, he
    can download the application onto the handheld, then configure it for
    the person operating it. Our ultimate goal is to get each of the
    handheld's completely backed up to an image of some type. Because,
    right now if the handheld's die (batteries die or something) they have
    to come back to our developer to reload the application (then
    configure it again). This isn't an option for us. We want to send
    the handheld out with our guys with a cdrom with their image on the
    CD. If their handheld dies then they could boot their PC with the
    cdrom or boot to windows and dump their image from CD to handheld.

    So in summary, we need to be able to configure a handheld, dump an
    image off of the handheld to cdrom (or something), then have these
    remote users have the ability to put the image back on their
    handhelds.

    If you could offer me any tips on how to achieve these goals I'd
    really appreciate it.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Bennie

  2. Re: How do I . . . Windows CE 3.0 Image dumps

    Bennie napisał(a):

    > So in summary, we need to be able to configure a handheld, dump an
    > image off of the handheld to cdrom (or something), then have these
    > remote users have the ability to put the image back on their
    > handhelds.
    >
    > If you could offer me any tips on how to achieve these goals I'd
    > really appreciate it.

    Try using backup function from ActiveSync- it dumps all data and memory-
    so even Clipboard contents. If anything happens you can restore all to
    this state or (using 3rd party programs) restore only chosen items from
    backup.

    --
    WIrek

+ Reply to Thread