WinPcap for Windows CE - Missing lss.h header file - Windows CE

This is a discussion on WinPcap for Windows CE - Missing lss.h header file - Windows CE ; I'm trying to compile the WinPcap for Windows CE packet capture library ( http://winpcap.polito.it/install/bin/PacketCE.zip ). However, the lss.h header file no longer appears to be included in the Pocket PC SDK and therefore, the compile fails. The research that I've ...

  1. WinPcap for Windows CE - Missing lss.h header file

    I'm trying to compile the WinPcap for Windows CE packet capture
    library (http://winpcap.polito.it/install/bin/PacketCE.zip). However,
    the lss.h header file no longer appears to be included in the Pocket
    PC SDK and therefore, the compile fails. The research that I've done
    suggests that the lss.h header file was part of the Windows CE
    Platform builder tool, which no longer seems to be available, at least
    not via MSDN.

    Does anyone know of an alternate source for the lss.h file or has
    anyone had success compiling WinPcap for Windows CE an alternate way?

  2. Re: WinPcap for Windows CE - Missing lss.h header file

    It's still in Platform Builder, yes, and Platform Builder is still
    available, although not on MSDN. There should be an evaluation version
    download available via www.microsoft.com/downloads.

    Paul T.

    "Putty" wrote in message
    news:93f06707.0402160815.6f4bafd4@posting.google.c om...
    > I'm trying to compile the WinPcap for Windows CE packet capture
    > library (http://winpcap.polito.it/install/bin/PacketCE.zip). However,
    > the lss.h header file no longer appears to be included in the Pocket
    > PC SDK and therefore, the compile fails. The research that I've done
    > suggests that the lss.h header file was part of the Windows CE
    > Platform builder tool, which no longer seems to be available, at least
    > not via MSDN.
    >
    > Does anyone know of an alternate source for the lss.h file or has
    > anyone had success compiling WinPcap for Windows CE an alternate way?

  3. Re: WinPcap for Windows CE - Missing lss.h header file

    Paul - Thanks for the information. However, at the MS download site
    only the following products appear to be available:

    - Pocket PC 2002 Software Development Kit
    - Software Development Kit for Windows Mobile 2003-based Pocket PCs
    - eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 - 2002 Edition
    - eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0

    Unfortunately, I've tried all of the apps and none seem to contain the
    lss.h file. I can only assume that MS has repackaged the Platform
    builder into one or more of the above tools and has dropped the header
    file. If anyone knows of specific a URL for either a download of the
    Windows CE Platform builder tool or an archive of the lss.h header
    file, it would be appreciated.

    "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote in message news:...
    > It's still in Platform Builder, yes, and Platform Builder is still
    > available, although not on MSDN. There should be an evaluation version
    > download available via www.microsoft.com/downloads.
    >
    > Paul T.
    >
    > "Putty" wrote in message
    > news:93f06707.0402160815.6f4bafd4@posting.google.c om...
    > > I'm trying to compile the WinPcap for Windows CE packet capture
    > > library (http://winpcap.polito.it/install/bin/PacketCE.zip). However,
    > > the lss.h header file no longer appears to be included in the Pocket
    > > PC SDK and therefore, the compile fails. The research that I've done
    > > suggests that the lss.h header file was part of the Windows CE
    > > Platform builder tool, which no longer seems to be available, at least
    > > not via MSDN.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know of an alternate source for the lss.h file or has
    > > anyone had success compiling WinPcap for Windows CE an alternate way?

  4. Re: WinPcap for Windows CE - Missing lss.h header file

    Mine is located in:

    WINCE420\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\INC

    Marc Reinig
    System Solutions

    "Putty" wrote in message
    news:93f06707.0402171042.47f51d22@posting.google.c om...
    > Paul - Thanks for the information. However, at the MS download site
    > only the following products appear to be available:
    >
    > - Pocket PC 2002 Software Development Kit
    > - Software Development Kit for Windows Mobile 2003-based Pocket PCs
    > - eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 - 2002 Edition
    > - eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0
    >
    > Unfortunately, I've tried all of the apps and none seem to contain the
    > lss.h file. I can only assume that MS has repackaged the Platform
    > builder into one or more of the above tools and has dropped the header
    > file. If anyone knows of specific a URL for either a download of the
    > Windows CE Platform builder tool or an archive of the lss.h header
    > file, it would be appreciated.
    >
    > "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote in

    message news:...
    > > It's still in Platform Builder, yes, and Platform Builder is still
    > > available, although not on MSDN. There should be an evaluation version
    > > download available via www.microsoft.com/downloads.
    > >
    > > Paul T.
    > >
    > > "Putty" wrote in message
    > > news:93f06707.0402160815.6f4bafd4@posting.google.c om...
    > > > I'm trying to compile the WinPcap for Windows CE packet capture
    > > > library (http://winpcap.polito.it/install/bin/PacketCE.zip). However,
    > > > the lss.h header file no longer appears to be included in the Pocket
    > > > PC SDK and therefore, the compile fails. The research that I've done
    > > > suggests that the lss.h header file was part of the Windows CE
    > > > Platform builder tool, which no longer seems to be available, at least
    > > > not via MSDN.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know of an alternate source for the lss.h file or has
    > > > anyone had success compiling WinPcap for Windows CE an alternate way?

+ Reply to Thread