[First of all, I'm sorry if my english is bad: I'm not a native speaker... ]

I'm developping a web-based application that should support a set of HP iPAQ
Pocket PCs: pocket PCs intercat with my application via Internet Explorer
CE, and almost all works fine, but there is a little problem: some pages
redirect the user to a large image file that due to its size cannot be
properly rendered by the browser; I'd like to let the user to view that
images with an alternative viewer, such as "iPAQ image zone", but I don't
know how could I do.

The ideal solution is that when the user points to, e.g,
"http://my.web.application/an_image.gif" the browser automatically opens
the image viewer with that image. My first idea was to modify the
application associated with "image/gif" MIME type, but I can't find MIME
setting on Pocket PC :-(

Another solution could be to use javascript, but I don't think that the
browser let me to open an arbitrary application on the client (for security

Have you any idea?

Thanks in advance
"Computer science is not about computers any more than astronomy
is about telescopes." -- EW Dijkstra