Out-of-Process COM Exes - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Out-of-Process COM Exes - Windows CE ; I am trying to create an out-of-process COM Exe server under Windows CE .NET using ATL. I can build and compile a test server, but whenever I attempt to connect to this server with a test client, my call to ...

  1. Out-of-Process COM Exes

    I am trying to create an out-of-process COM Exe server under Windows
    CE .NET using ATL. I can build and compile a test server, but whenever
    I attempt to connect to this server with a test client, my call to
    CoCreateInstance fails with the result E_NOINTERFACE "No such
    interface supported".

    Has anyone had this problem before?

    The current CE .NET documentation is not helping much... some articles
    imply that CE .NET does not support out-of-process COM servers, other
    say the opposite!

    Thanks in advance,
    Martin.

    P.S. could you please send any replies directly to my email address
    also: martin.roberts@provenco.com. Thanks.

  2. Re: Out-of-Process COM Exes

    You need a proxy/stub DLL to mashal the interfaces from your server to your
    client.

    "Martin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:a4caab93.0312162009.10b8c775@posting.google.c om...
    > I am trying to create an out-of-process COM Exe server under Windows
    > CE .NET using ATL. I can build and compile a test server, but whenever
    > I attempt to connect to this server with a test client, my call to
    > CoCreateInstance fails with the result E_NOINTERFACE "No such
    > interface supported".
    >
    > Has anyone had this problem before?
    >
    > The current CE .NET documentation is not helping much... some articles
    > imply that CE .NET does not support out-of-process COM servers, other
    > say the opposite!
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Martin.
    >
    > P.S. could you please send any replies directly to my email address
    > also: martin.roberts@provenco.com. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread