dumb question about conecting an ipaq - Windows CE

This is a discussion on dumb question about conecting an ipaq - Windows CE ; i've just been given a compaq ipaq (H3100 series, model 3130) & am not able to connect it 2 my pc, i have a small network running & have just removed my psion link software, the problem is i didnt ...

  1. dumb question about conecting an ipaq

    i've just been given a compaq ipaq (H3100 series, model 3130) & am not able
    to connect it 2 my pc, i have a small network running & have just removed my
    psion link software, the problem is i didnt get any instructions or software
    with it.
    i have managed 2 get it 2 at least be noticed by my pc, but it comes up with
    the response pc busy.
    any 1 help me? or at least point me in the right direction. i got it 2
    replace an old psion 5mx & so far am not impressed, but it does fit my
    pocket nicer.

    cheers 4 any advice Fleck

  2. Re: dumb question about conecting an ipaq

    Mark Fletcher napisał(a):

    > i've just been given a compaq ipaq (H3100 series, model 3130) & am not able
    > to connect it 2 my pc, i have a small network running & have just removed my
    > psion link software, the problem is i didnt get any instructions or software
    > with it.

    Did you try installing ActiveSync from Microsoft's site? It should detectyour
    device and connect.

    --
    WIrek

  3. Re: dumb question about conecting an ipaq

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:19:23 -0000, "Mark Fletcher"
    wrote:

    >i've just been given a compaq ipaq (H3100 series, model 3130) & am not able
    >to connect it 2 my pc, i have a small network running & have just removed my
    >psion link software, the problem is i didnt get any instructions or software
    >with it.
    >i have managed 2 get it 2 at least be noticed by my pc, but it comes up with
    >the response pc busy.
    >any 1 help me? or at least point me in the right direction. i got it 2
    >replace an old psion 5mx & so far am not impressed, but it does fit my
    >pocket nicer.
    >
    >cheers 4 any advice Fleck

    Some general suggestions. Chris De Herrera has a very good site for
    info about Windows CE/Pocket PC:
    http://www.cewindows.net/
    The following newsgroup might be more appropriate for questions about
    Pocket PC:
    microsoft.public.pocketpc

    Robert E. Zaret
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118
    www.penfact.com

  4. Re: dumb question about conecting an ipaq

    "WIrek" wrote in message
    Mark Fletcher napisał(a):

    > i've just been given a compaq ipaq (H3100 series, model 3130) & am not

    able
    > to connect it 2 my pc, i have a small network running & have just removed

    my
    > psion link software, the problem is i didnt get any instructions or

    software
    > with it.

    Did you try installing ActiveSync from Microsoft's site? It should detect
    your
    device and connect.

    --
    WIrek