Webbrowser for CE 3.0? - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Webbrowser for CE 3.0? - Windows CE ; Hi, is there a prober webbrowser available for Windows CE 3.0? Pocket IE3.01 is not very modern anymore and displays a lot of webpages incorrectly. Maarten -- When replying privately, rot13 the e-mail address...

  1. Webbrowser for CE 3.0?

    --
    When replying privately, rot13 the e-mail address

  2. Re: Webbrowser for CE 3.0?

    "displays a lot of webpages incorrectly" is rather vague. I suspect the
    problem in most
    cases will be badly written web pages, expecting them to be treated exactly
    as the
    current version of explorer does. Exactly what level of support for HTML is
    provided
    by any version of CE - I don't know, but I would be surprised if it did
    anything other than
    that layed down by the specs.

    "Maarten Deen" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > is there a prober webbrowser available for Windows CE 3.0? Pocket IE3.01

    is
    > not very modern anymore and displays a lot of webpages incorrectly.
    >
    > Maarten
    >
    > --
    > When replying privately, rot13 the e-mail address

  3. Re: Webbrowser for CE 3.0?

    "Alan Davies" wrote in

    > "displays a lot of webpages incorrectly" is rather vague. I suspect
    > the problem in most
    > cases will be badly written web pages, expecting them to be treated
    > exactly as the
    > current version of explorer does. Exactly what level of support for
    > HTML is provided
    > by any version of CE - I don't know, but I would be surprised if it
    > did anything other than
    > that layed down by the specs.

    But the specs have been extended with all kinds of stuff. Like
    stylesheets for example.
    For example: www.fok.nl does not display correctly. All links on the left
    side are displayed first on the page and after that the rest of the
    pages. It is not that the screen is too small, you would get a scrollbar.

    I think that if you surfed the 'net with IE 4.0 now, a lot of pages would
    no render correctly.

    Maarten

    > "Maarten Deen" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> is there a prober webbrowser available for Windows CE 3.0? Pocket
    >> IE3.01

    > is
    >> not very modern anymore and displays a lot of webpages incorrectly.
    >>
    >> Maarten
    >>
    >> --
    >> When replying privately, rot13 the e-mail address

    --
    When replying privately, rot13 the e-mail address

+ Reply to Thread