Hi,

I want to develop a VB application that can show maps (jpeg images)
and draw some lines over the maps (like routes). Target machine is a
hand-held PC running on Windows CE .NET version 1.1 (x86 Intel
processor, 128Mb RAM).

With limited experience of writing VB programs using MS Visual Studio
6.0, I checked MS website for choosing better and appropriate tools.
Just got lost seeing too many options like: Visual Studio .NET, VB
..NET, Smart Device Extension (SDE), .NET Compact Framework SDK, .NET
Compact Framework Redistributable, SDE For VB, Pocket PC emulator,
Hand-held SDK, eMbedded tools, embedded visual studio 3, embedded VC4,
etc etc.

Any thoughts are welcome to choose the right tools, please.

Many thanks,
Chandra.