WTD: Windows CE Platform Builder v2.11 - Windows CE

This is a discussion on WTD: Windows CE Platform Builder v2.11 - Windows CE ; I'm too am desperately in search of a copy of Windows CE Platform Builder 2.11 so that I can support apps to run on that version (and for a platform for which an SDK was never exported). Anyone know where ...

  1. WTD: Windows CE Platform Builder v2.11

    I'm too am desperately in search of a copy of Windows CE Platform
    Builder
    2.11 so that I can support apps to run on that version (and for a
    platform for which an SDK was never exported).

    Anyone know where I can get it? Please reply to this address.

    Will readily reimburse your original investment...and then some.

    Thanks,
    Chasidh

  2. Re: WTD: Windows CE Platform Builder v2.11

    Hi,
    First forgive me as I am not answering you problem,As I am a newbie to
    Platform builder.NET.Can you help me in future?

    thanks

    chasidh@juno.com (Chasidh) wrote in message news:<8f2fde9.0309110825.71b8bc1a@posting.google.com>...
    > I'm too am desperately in search of a copy of Windows CE Platform
    > Builder
    > 2.11 so that I can support apps to run on that version (and for a
    > platform for which an SDK was never exported).
    >
    > Anyone know where I can get it? Please reply to this address.
    >
    > Will readily reimburse your original investment...and then some.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chasidh

  3. Re: WTD: Windows CE Platform Builder v2.11

    On 11 Sep 2003 09:25:45 -0700, chasidh@juno.com (Chasidh) wrote:

    >I'm too am desperately in search of a copy of Windows CE Platform
    >Builder
    >2.11 so that I can support apps to run on that version (and for a
    >platform for which an SDK was never exported).

    Unless you are doing something unusual, you shouldn't need Platform
    Builder to write applications; eVC 3 plus an SDK should be sufficient.
    Platform Builder is really only for developing custom platforms and
    drivers. If you want to use a feature only found in a custom platform,
    you may need an SDK built specifically for that custom platform.

    If you're trying to support a Palm-size PC running version 2.11 of the
    Windows CE operating system, then you want "Palm-size PC SDK 1.2".
    Otherwise, the "Handheld PC Professional Edition 3.0 SDK" should work;
    it will definitely work for HPC Pro, and will _probably_ work for any
    custom platform based on version 2.11 of the Windows CE operating
    system. (I think Microsoft made a mess of the version numbering and
    naming; I tried very hard to avoid ambiguity, and think I succeeded,
    but this paragraph needs careful reading.)

    I just looked at the site for downloading eVC 3:
    and I see links to both the SDKs I mentioned.

    >Anyone know where I can get it? Please reply to this address.
    >
    >Will readily reimburse your original investment...and then some.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Chasidh

    Robert E. Zaret
    PenFact, Inc.