Any advice on this one?... - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Any advice on this one?... - Windows CE ; Hi Guys and Guyesses. My handheld is running WinCE 2 It was a very cheap buy. (I was given it, lol) It works perfect until you try to write any text. QWER are OK but T gives you 'T, Y ...

  1. Any advice on this one?...

    Hi Guys and Guyesses.
    My handheld is running WinCE 2
    It was a very cheap buy. (I was given it, lol)
    It works perfect until you try to write any text.
    QWER are OK but T gives you 'T, Y gives you -Y, U gives you =U.
    IOP are OK
    ASD take you to other pages.
    Most other keys do what they are supposed to.
    This is the same in upper or lower case.
    This was how I got it so I don't know when it first started.
    I've tried all the settings, fonts, language etc
    Soft reset, hard reset,
    Drained the battery and left for 3 days before recharging.
    Nothing has worked.
    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Any advice on this one?...

    >Hi Guys and Guyesses.
    >My handheld is running WinCE 2
    >It was a very cheap buy. (I was given it, lol)
    >It works perfect until you try to write any text.
    >QWER are OK but T gives you 'T, Y gives you -Y, U gives you =U.
    >IOP are OK
    >ASD take you to other pages.
    >Most other keys do what they are supposed to.
    >This is the same in upper or lower case.
    >This was how I got it so I don't know when it first started.
    >I've tried all the settings, fonts, language etc
    >Soft reset, hard reset,

    -----------------------------------
    It's likely some liquid was spilled on the keyboard and you have some short
    circuits

    If you can't remove the entire keyboard panel, do one key at a time,
    particularly those that give you trouble, and carefully clean around underneath

    Typically, the keys can be removed by applying moderate force upward

    You don't give us the name of your model, so I'm just guessing

    Bob G

  3. Re: Any advice on this one?...

    Oooops, I forgot that small point didn't I?
    It's a Packard Bell Easymate 770, (also known as the NEC Mobilon 770)

+ Reply to Thread