Rebooting Windows CE from eVC++ - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Rebooting Windows CE from eVC++ - Windows CE ; Hi there, I was wondering how to reboot my Windows CE environment from code. It looks like they excluded the ExitWindowsEx functionality. I can't find it in the documentation anywhere. I'm Using eVC++ 3.0. The code has to be generic. ...

  1. Rebooting Windows CE from eVC++

    Hi there,

    I was wondering how to reboot my Windows CE environment from code. It looks
    like they excluded the ExitWindowsEx functionality. I can't find it in the
    documentation anywhere.

    I'm Using eVC++ 3.0. The code has to be generic. Does anyone know how to
    do this? I've read some docs on setting a flag, but that was for the HAL
    and useless to me (i think)

    Regards,

    Peter

  2. Re: Rebooting Windows CE from eVC++

    I don't know, but somebody here:

    will certainly be able to help. That's where I find answers to all my CE
    dev questions.

    "Peter Groen" wrote in message
    newsan.2003.09.06.13.53.44.340230@Removethis.osdev.xs4 all.nl...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I was wondering how to reboot my Windows CE environment from code. It

    looks
    > like they excluded the ExitWindowsEx functionality. I can't find it in the
    > documentation anywhere.
    >
    > I'm Using eVC++ 3.0. The code has to be generic. Does anyone know how to
    > do this? I've read some docs on setting a flag, but that was for the HAL
    > and useless to me (i think)
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Peter

  3. Re: Rebooting Windows CE from eVC++

    "Peter Groen" wrote in message news:...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I was wondering how to reboot my Windows CE environment from code. It looks
    > like they excluded the ExitWindowsEx functionality. I can't find it in the
    > documentation anywhere.
    >
    > I'm Using eVC++ 3.0. The code has to be generic. Does anyone know how to
    > do this? I've read some docs on setting a flag, but that was for the HAL
    > and useless to me (i think)

    // this equals 0x0101003C
    #define IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT CTL_CODE(FILE_DEVICE_HAL, 15,
    METHOD_BUFFERED, FILE_ANY_ACCESS)

    KernelIoControl(IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

    willem

+ Reply to Thread