For Windows CE/Pocket PC, the following lists might help:
http://www.pocketpcdn.com/tools/index.html
http://www.cewindows.net/developer/languages.htm

The following is interesting, although I found most of it wrong or
irrelevant when I started coding for IrComm under Windows CE:
www.codeproject.com/ce/TVRemote.asp

Although I have never actually tried NS Basic and Pocket C (see lists
for info), I would seriously consider them if I wanted to target
multiple platforms (like Palm OS _and_ Windows CE/Pocket PC).

On 28 Aug 2003 01:46:59 -0700, bajuantony@yahoo.com (Baju Antony)
wrote:

>I am new to the field of PDA development. I am looking for developing
>some applications using IR port in PDA.
>
>Can someone suggest a good Development Environment (if any) to develop
>applications for popular type of PDA devices.
>
>br.
>Baju Antony

Robert E. Zaret
PenFact, Inc.