For Windows CE/Pocket PC, the following lists might help:

The following is interesting, although I found most of it wrong or
irrelevant when I started coding for IrComm under Windows CE:

Although I have never actually tried NS Basic and Pocket C (see lists
for info), I would seriously consider them if I wanted to target
multiple platforms (like Palm OS _and_ Windows CE/Pocket PC).

On 28 Aug 2003 01:46:59 -0700, (Baju Antony)

>I am new to the field of PDA development. I am looking for developing
>some applications using IR port in PDA.
>Can someone suggest a good Development Environment (if any) to develop
>applications for popular type of PDA devices.
>Baju Antony

Robert E. Zaret
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R