ipaq development - Windows CE

This is a discussion on ipaq development - Windows CE ; Hi, im new to handheld development. I am familiar with c++. Could someone please help me out. Ive got C++4 up and running, and im simply trying to run the hello world application that comes with the program and for ...

  1. ipaq development

    Hi, im new to handheld development. I am familiar with c++. Could
    someone please help me out. Ive got C++4 up and running, and im simply
    trying to run the hello world application that comes with the program
    and for some reason it keeps coming up with an error when i comile it
    and attemp to emulate it.

    Please help, its really bugging me

    cheers...

  2. Re: ipaq development

    I suggest checking the following sites:
    www.pocketpcdn.com
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/de...edded/faq.aspx
    http://www.cewindows.net/developer/dev.htm

    The following is old, but still has some useful info:
    http://www.cegadgets.com/wincedevfaq.htm

    I suggest asking your question in the following newsgroup:
    microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer
    But please be more specific. What error message? What operating system
    are you using on the computer running eVC? I assume you meant eVC 4,
    not VC 4.

    On 23 Aug 2003 05:21:28 -0700,
    Peter.kitley@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au (Kitley) wrote:

    >Hi, im new to handheld development. I am familiar with c++. Could
    >someone please help me out. Ive got C++4 up and running, and im simply
    >trying to run the hello world application that comes with the program
    >and for some reason it keeps coming up with an error when i comile it
    >and attemp to emulate it.
    >

    >Please help, its really bugging me
    >
    >cheers...

    Robert E. Zaret
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: ipaq development

    Please check the following things

    A.If you are trying to run app on emulator

    (1) Are you building the executable for x86 processor as for ARM there
    is no emulator provided by MS
    (2)Do you have installed the emulator (Win CE.NET or Pocket PC 2003)
    on your machine.

    2.If you are trying to run app on IPAQ

    (1) Are you building the executable for ARM
    (2)Does your IPAQ is compatiable to Win CE.NET or Pocket PC 2003.

    r_z_aret@pen_fact.com wrote in message news:<3f4a1d7f.9148414@nntp.theworld.com>...
    > I suggest checking the following sites:
    > www.pocketpcdn.com
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/de...edded/faq.aspx
    > http://www.cewindows.net/developer/dev.htm
    >
    > The following is old, but still has some useful info:
    > http://www.cegadgets.com/wincedevfaq.htm
    >
    > I suggest asking your question in the following newsgroup:
    > microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer
    > But please be more specific. What error message? What operating system
    > are you using on the computer running eVC? I assume you meant eVC 4,
    > not VC 4.
    >
    > On 23 Aug 2003 05:21:28 -0700,
    > Peter.kitley@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au (Kitley) wrote:
    >
    > >Hi, im new to handheld development. I am familiar with c++. Could
    > >someone please help me out. Ive got C++4 up and running, and im simply
    > >trying to run the hello world application that comes with the program
    > >and for some reason it keeps coming up with an error when i comile it
    > >and attemp to emulate it.
    > >

    > >Please help, its really bugging me
    > >
    > >cheers...

    > To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
    >
    > Robert E. Zaret
    > PenFact, Inc.
    > 500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    > Boston, MA 02118