device w/Wifi,Bluetooth & external monitor - Windows CE

This is a discussion on device w/Wifi,Bluetooth & external monitor - Windows CE ; Hi, I'm looking for a Windows CE device with Wifi, Bluetooth, and which can also drive an external monitor at around 800x600 resolution. The idea is that most of the time it will live on my belt and talk with ...

  1. device w/Wifi,Bluetooth & external monitor

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a Windows CE device with Wifi, Bluetooth, and which
    can also drive an external monitor at around 800x600 resolution.

    The idea is that most of the time it will live on my belt and talk
    with a Bluetooth phone in my pocket, but occasionally it will sit on
    my TV stand at home and run VNC Viewer so that I can view my PC's
    display on my (Samsung TXN-3298NF) HDTV, but wirelessly by Wifi:
    http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/cevncviewer.html

    Thanks for any tips,

    Jonathan

  2. Re: device w/Wifi,Bluetooth & external monitor

    Doesn't exist, at least out of the box. You can make one though. The
    definite third party requirement is the VGA out. There are several CF card
    VGA-out gismos available. Of course that requires a CF slot. You could go
    for a high dollar device that has WiFi and BT built in, plus a CF slot, and
    get a VGA card, or you could go with one of the sleeve capable iPAQs that
    has BT or WiFi and get a dual slot sleeve that can support the VGA and
    whatever RF option that isn't installed.

    I seem to recall that some of the Handheld PCs had native VGA ports, but
    don't recall them having WiFi or BT. Do seem to remember some having both CF
    and PCcard slots, but can't say if the configuration exists to allow, say a
    BT CF and a WiFi PC Card (or CF in an adapter) together.

    --
    Sven
    MS-MVP - Mobile Devices

    "Jonathan Epstein" wrote in message
    news:27e4d2e8.0308121115.4a9a480f@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a Windows CE device with Wifi, Bluetooth, and which
    > can also drive an external monitor at around 800x600 resolution.
    >
    > The idea is that most of the time it will live on my belt and talk
    > with a Bluetooth phone in my pocket, but occasionally it will sit on
    > my TV stand at home and run VNC Viewer so that I can view my PC's
    > display on my (Samsung TXN-3298NF) HDTV, but wirelessly by Wifi:
    > http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/cevncviewer.html
    >
    > Thanks for any tips,
    >
    > Jonathan

  3. Re: device w/Wifi,Bluetooth & external monitor

    Jonathan,

    You may have some luck with the iPAQ 545X or 555X series since they
    have builtin bluetooth and wifi, you can add a CF video out card to
    the unit via an add-on sleeve. Another option would be either the
    Toshiba e740/e750 that has built-in WiFi and add the toshiba BT SDIO
    card and a CF video out card or the iPAQ 221X series that has built-in
    bluetooth and you can add WiFi via one of the newer SDIO WiFi cards
    that have just come out by SanDisk,Socket, and a few others. There are
    several options out their for video out the most popular would be a
    product like the LifeView FlyPresenter CF or the Margi CF
    Presenter-to-Go.

    Steven 'fyiguy' Hughes
    Co-Manager
    BostonPocketPC.com

    jaepstein_63@yahoo.com (Jonathan Epstein) wrote in message news:<27e4d2e8.0308121115.4a9a480f@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a Windows CE device with Wifi, Bluetooth, and which
    > can also drive an external monitor at around 800x600 resolution.
    >
    > The idea is that most of the time it will live on my belt and talk
    > with a Bluetooth phone in my pocket, but occasionally it will sit on
    > my TV stand at home and run VNC Viewer so that I can view my PC's
    > display on my (Samsung TXN-3298NF) HDTV, but wirelessly by Wifi:
    > http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/cevncviewer.html
    >
    > Thanks for any tips,
    >
    > Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread