ndis driver on CE error - Windows CE

This is a discussion on ndis driver on CE error - Windows CE ; All, I am trying to write an ndis miniport driver on CE. This is the first time I am writing a NDIS driver, so I might have made some very obvious mistake. The driver gets its packets by polling and ...

  1. ndis driver on CE error

    All,
    I am trying to write an ndis miniport driver on CE. This is the first time I
    am writing a NDIS driver, so I might have made some very obvious mistake.

    The driver gets its packets by polling and then reports them to ce using
    NdisMEthIndicateReceive.
    I start the polling thread from MiniportInitialize.
    When I indicate the receive, I get the following error.
    'Driver is indicating packets too early'
    Has anyone seen this error before? What exactly should happen before I can
    start reporting packets?

    thanks
    Raj

  2. Re: ndis driver on CE error

    Hi Raj,

    This is Mandeep Dhaliwal here,I might your help as I am new to windows CE DDK
    Please go thru my post "Urgent Guidence needed".

    Thanks in advance

    "Raj" wrote in message news:...
    > All,
    > I am trying to write an ndis miniport driver on CE. This is the first time I
    > am writing a NDIS driver, so I might have made some very obvious mistake.
    >
    > The driver gets its packets by polling and then reports them to ce using
    > NdisMEthIndicateReceive.
    > I start the polling thread from MiniportInitialize.
    > When I indicate the receive, I get the following error.
    > 'Driver is indicating packets too early'
    > Has anyone seen this error before? What exactly should happen before I can
    > start reporting packets?
    >
    > thanks
    > Raj

+ Reply to Thread