conecting to a pocket PC 2003 device - Windows CE

This is a discussion on conecting to a pocket PC 2003 device - Windows CE ; Dear all Hi I want to run simple "embedded visual C++ 4" "hello world" "winCE pocket PC 2003 application program" on my pocket PC 2003 device but unfortunately I can not run it. Every time I try to build the ...

  1. conecting to a pocket PC 2003 device

    Dear all
    Hi
    I want to run simple "embedded visual C++ 4" "hello world" "winCE
    pocket PC 2003 application program" on my pocket PC 2003 device but
    unfortunately I can not run it. Every time I try to build the
    executable file it says "platform manager server failed. Failed to
    connect to the device." Really I cant figure out what the real problem
    is and I would appreciate it if you could kindly advise me in this
    regard.
    I configure my Visual C++ drop-down configuration box to:
    Pocket PC 2003 & win32(WCE ARMV4)release & pocket PC 2003 device and
    my device HP iPAQ Pocket PC, H5400 series .

    Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Elham

    Ps. As the error is related to platform manager, I tried to check it
    on my embedded visual C++ 4 platform manager configuration through:
    Tools > configure platform manager > pocket PC 2003 > pocket PC 2003
    device > properties, then I set both transport and startup server to
    Microsoft ActiveSync but its test process is unsuccessful and says
    "Unable to load device side components, please check server
    configuration settings."

  2. Re: conecting to a pocket PC 2003 device

    Is your iPAQ connected to your "desktop" (the computer with eVC) via
    Active? It must be.

    If ActiveSync works, then I think the usual cause for the symptoms is
    a platform mismatch. Is your iPAQ a Pocket PC 2003? If not, that is
    your problem, on two counts. First, eVC is only for Windows CE
    computers running version 4 of the Windows CE operating system. That
    eliminates Pocket PC and Pocket PC 2002. Second, the eVC IDE is very
    fussy about platform matching. It will neither download nor debug
    unless the platform (HPC, Pocket PC , Pocket PC 2002, Pocket PC 2003)
    and os version match.

    Questions like this are better asked in
    microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.

    I also recommend checking out
    www.pocketpcdn.com
    http://www.cewindows.net/developer/dev.htm

    On 19 Jul 2003 08:36:19 -0700, eima11@yahoo.com (Elham Shahinfard)
    wrote:

    >Dear all
    >Hi
    >I want to run simple "embedded visual C++ 4" "hello world" "winCE
    >pocket PC 2003 application program" on my pocket PC 2003 device but
    >unfortunately I can not run it. Every time I try to build the
    >executable file it says "platform manager server failed. Failed to
    >connect to the device." Really I cant figure out what the real problem
    >is and I would appreciate it if you could kindly advise me in this
    >regard.
    >I configure my Visual C++ drop-down configuration box to:
    >Pocket PC 2003 & win32(WCE ARMV4)release & pocket PC 2003 device and
    >my device HP iPAQ Pocket PC, H5400 series .
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >Regards,
    >Elham
    >
    >Ps. As the error is related to platform manager, I tried to check it
    >on my embedded visual C++ 4 platform manager configuration through:
    >Tools > configure platform manager > pocket PC 2003 > pocket PC 2003
    >device > properties, then I set both transport and startup server to
    >Microsoft ActiveSync but its test process is unsuccessful and says
    >"Unable to load device side components, please check server
    >configuration settings."

    Robert E. Zaret
    PenFact, Inc.
    46 Beach Street