Re: Network trouble with Windows CE 2.11 & Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Re: Network trouble with Windows CE 2.11 & Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 - Windows CE ; Do you have the network CD files for CE 2.0/2.11??? /MD "DH" wrote in message news:rV7Fa.573$Hw.714107@news2.news.adelphia.net.. . > I recently purchased a Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 for my upgraded HP > 660lx with Windows CE 2.11 Handheld PC Pro. I ...

  1. Re: Network trouble with Windows CE 2.11 & Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100

    "DH" wrote in message
    news:rV7Fa.573$Hw.714107@news2.news.adelphia.net.. .
    > I recently purchased a Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 for my upgraded

    HP
    > 660lx with Windows CE 2.11 Handheld PC Pro. I installed the Xircom CE
    > software including the driver according to the instructions. I configured
    > the Xircom Ethernet Adapter to obtain an IP address via DHCP and left the
    > name server addresses blank. Also, I left the Identification in the

    Network
    > Configuration as the default. I downloaded and installed vxUtil to use

    for
    > troubleshooting. When I connect to the adapter to the network, I get an

    IP
    > address, subnet mask, default gateway, primary dns, secondary dns, primary
    > wins, secondary wins and dhcp server address for the Xircom Ethernet

    adapter
    > (vxUtil Info). The other adapters listed ppp, proxim ethernet and NE2000
    > Compatible Ethernet have all zeroes. Next, I try to ping another device

    by
    > IP address on the network using vxUtil. The pings fail (request timed

    out).
    > I tried to ping the handheld from a destop and it also failed. I know I
    > must be communicating since the addresses were retrieved from the DHCP
    > server. Also, the ethernet cable works on other PCs. Does anyone have

    any
    > ideas on how to fix the ping failure problem? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > DH

  2. Re: Network trouble with Windows CE 2.11 & Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100

    The network files must be installed because I have since given up on the
    Xircom and bought a Linksys EC2T which works fine. Also, I think Windows CE
    2.11 Handheld Pro comes with the network files already installed.

    Thanks for replying.

    "Morten Davidsen" wrote in message
    news:3f0aa25f$0$76153$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.d k...
    > Do you have the network CD files for CE 2.0/2.11???
    >
    > /MD
    >
    > "DH" wrote in message
    > news:rV7Fa.573$Hw.714107@news2.news.adelphia.net.. .
    > > I recently purchased a Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 for my upgraded

    > HP
    > > 660lx with Windows CE 2.11 Handheld PC Pro. I installed the Xircom CE
    > > software including the driver according to the instructions. I

    configured
    > > the Xircom Ethernet Adapter to obtain an IP address via DHCP and left

    the
    > > name server addresses blank. Also, I left the Identification in the

    > Network
    > > Configuration as the default. I downloaded and installed vxUtil to use

    > for
    > > troubleshooting. When I connect to the adapter to the network, I get an

    > IP
    > > address, subnet mask, default gateway, primary dns, secondary dns,

    primary
    > > wins, secondary wins and dhcp server address for the Xircom Ethernet

    > adapter
    > > (vxUtil Info). The other adapters listed ppp, proxim ethernet and

    NE2000
    > > Compatible Ethernet have all zeroes. Next, I try to ping another

    device
    > by
    > > IP address on the network using vxUtil. The pings fail (request timed

    > out).
    > > I tried to ping the handheld from a destop and it also failed. I know I
    > > must be communicating since the addresses were retrieved from the DHCP
    > > server. Also, the ethernet cable works on other PCs. Does anyone have

    > any
    > > ideas on how to fix the ping failure problem? Thanks.
    > >
    > > --
    > > DH

+ Reply to Thread