Servlet filter not being loaded or called in WAS 7. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Servlet filter not being loaded or called in WAS 7. - Websphere ; I've been trying to apply my intercepting servlet filter to a WAR in WebSphere 7 and have done my usual things of inserting the filter and filter mapping into the /installedApps/ / / WEB-INF/web.xml CmwebFilter net.dsps.cmWeb.CmwebFilter CmwebFilter *.do Seems fine, ...

  1. Servlet filter not being loaded or called in WAS 7.

    I've been trying to apply my intercepting servlet filter to a WAR in
    WebSphere 7 and have done my usual things of inserting the filter and
    filter mapping into the /installedApps///
    WEB-INF/web.xml

    CmwebFilter
    net.dsps.cmWeb.CmwebFilter

    CmwebFilter
    *.do

    Seems fine, the struts configuration suggests that the action servlet
    should call ....do so I should see things hitting the servlet filter.
    When I test the application, I see the log4j suggesting that I have
    updated the log4j.xml file correctly, but don't get the log4j output
    that I expect.
    I turned on verbose class loading, and the servlet filter class
    doesn't appear to be loaded at all.
    The web.xml file suggests that it's just a 2.4 module, so I wouldn't
    have expected anything to have changed since I used to run this on
    WebSphere 6.1 instances.
    Have I missed something?

    Pete

  2. Re: Servlet filter not being loaded or called in WAS 7.

    On Feb 9, 9:17*am, DSPS wrote:
    > I've been trying to apply my intercepting servlet filter to a WAR in
    > WebSphere 7 and have done my usual things of inserting the filter and
    > filter mapping into the /installedApps///
    > WEB-INF/web.xml
    > * *
    > * * * * CmwebFilter
    > * * * * net.dsps.cmWeb.CmwebFilter
    > * *

    > * *
    > * * * * CmwebFilter
    > * * * * *.do
    > * *

    > Seems fine, the struts configuration suggests that the action servlet
    > should call ....do so I should see things hitting the servlet filter.
    > When I test the application, I see the log4j suggesting that I have
    > updated the log4j.xml file correctly, but don't get the log4j output
    > that I expect.
    > I turned on verbose class loading, and the servlet filter class
    > doesn't appear to be loaded at all.
    > The web.xml file suggests that it's just a 2.4 module, so I wouldn't
    > have expected anything to have changed since I used to run this on
    > WebSphere 6.1 instances.
    > Have I missed something?
    >
    > Pete

    Check the order in which the tag and the tag
    appear in web.xml.
    Works only if you have the appears after the
    tag.
    Satyakant

  3. Re: Servlet filter not being loaded or called in WAS 7.

    On Feb 9, 9:17*am, DSPS wrote:
    > I've been trying to apply my intercepting servlet filter to a WAR in
    > WebSphere 7 and have done my usual things of inserting the filter and
    > filter mapping into the /installedApps///
    > WEB-INF/web.xml
    > * *
    > * * * * CmwebFilter
    > * * * * net.dsps.cmWeb.CmwebFilter
    > * *

    > * *
    > * * * * CmwebFilter
    > * * * * *.do
    > * *

    > Seems fine, the struts configuration suggests that the action servlet
    > should call ....do so I should see things hitting the servlet filter.
    > When I test the application, I see the log4j suggesting that I have
    > updated the log4j.xml file correctly, but don't get the log4j output
    > that I expect.
    > I turned on verbose class loading, and the servlet filter class
    > doesn't appear to be loaded at all.
    > The web.xml file suggests that it's just a 2.4 module, so I wouldn't
    > have expected anything to have changed since I used to run this on
    > WebSphere 6.1 instances.
    > Have I missed something?
    >
    > Pete

    Check the order in which the and the tags
    appear in web.xml.
    Works only if you have the tag appear after the
    tag.
    Satyakant

+ Reply to Thread