IBM Portal Server not logging in - Websphere

This is a discussion on IBM Portal Server not logging in - Websphere ; Hi Guys, I have installed IBM Portal Express server on Centos OS. The installation was successful, But I am not able to logon to the Portal Administration Console. I have attached the logs below, which suggest that the password is ...

  1. IBM Portal Server not logging in

    Hi Guys,

    I have installed IBM Portal Express server on Centos OS. The
    installation was successful, But I am not able to logon to the Portal
    Administration Console.

    I have attached the logs below, which suggest that the password is
    either expired or wrong. The problem is that I am dead sure what
    password I had set at installation time and I can logon to the
    Websphere server console using the same details but not the Portal
    Console.

    The WebSphere has Administrative and Application Security Enabled and
    is configured to use Federated repositories.

    Thanks in advance.

    [12/3/09 15:23:19:430 GMT] 0000006e LTPAServerObj E SECJ0369E:
    Authentication failed when using LTPA. The exception is .
    [12/3/09 15:23:19:432 GMT] 0000006e MethodDelegat A SECJ0055E:
    Authentication failed for wpadmin. The user id or password may have
    been entered incorrectly or misspelled. The user id may not exist,
    the account could have expired or disabled. The password may have
    expired.
    [12/3/09 15:23:19:515 GMT] 0000006e exception W
    com.ibm.ws.wim.adapter.file.was.FileAdapter login CWWIM4512E The
    password match failed.
    [12/3/09 15:23:19:520 GMT] 0000006e exception W
    com.ibm.ws.wim.adapter.file.was.FileAdapter login

    com.ibm.websphere.wim.exception.PasswordCheckFaile dException:
    CWWIM4512E The password match failed.
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.adapter.file.was.FileAdapter.login( FileAdapter.java:
    1852)
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.ProfileManager.loginImpl(ProfileMan ager.java:3273)
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.ProfileManager.genericProfileManage rMethod
    (ProfileManager.java:268)
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.ProfileManager.login(ProfileManager .java:372)
    at com.ibm.websphere.wim.ServiceProvider.login(Servic eProvider.java:
    482)
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.registry.util.LoginBridge.checkPass word
    (LoginBridge.java:168)
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.registry.WIMUserRegistry$1.run(WIMU serRegistry.java:
    173)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAs
    (ContextManagerImpl.java:4040)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAsS ystem
    (ContextManagerImpl.java:4137)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.wim.security.authz.jacc.JACCSecurityMan ager.runAsSuperUser
    (JACCSecurityManager.java:484)
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.security.authz.ProfileSecurityManag er.runAsSuperUser
    (ProfileSecurityManager.java:961)

  2. Re: IBM Portal Server not logging in

    After reading through the group, I have realised that it is quite a
    common problem with no definition answers. I will provide any
    information required and posted the required files, if any one wants
    to take a detailed look into the problem.

    On Dec 3, 3:37*pm, Asif wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > * *I have installed IBM Portal Express server on Centos OS. The
    > installation was successful, But I am not able to logon to the Portal
    > Administration Console.
    >
    > I have attached the logs below, which suggest that the password is
    > either expired or wrong. The problem is that I am dead sure what
    > password I had set at installation time and I can logon to the
    > Websphere server console using the same details but not the Portal
    > Console.
    >
    > The WebSphere has Administrative and Application Security Enabled and
    > is configured to use Federated repositories.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > [12/3/09 15:23:19:430 GMT] 0000006e LTPAServerObj E * SECJ0369E:
    > Authentication failed when using LTPA. The exception is .
    > [12/3/09 15:23:19:432 GMT] 0000006e MethodDelegat A * SECJ0055E:
    > Authentication failed for wpadmin. The user id or password may have
    > been entered incorrectly or misspelled. *The user id may not exist,
    > the account could have expired or disabled. *The password may have
    > expired.
    > [12/3/09 15:23:19:515 GMT] 0000006e exception * * W
    > com.ibm.ws.wim.adapter.file.was.FileAdapter login CWWIM4512E The
    > password match failed.
    > [12/3/09 15:23:19:520 GMT] 0000006e exception * * W
    > com.ibm.ws.wim.adapter.file.was.FileAdapter login
    >
    > com.ibm.websphere.wim.exception.PasswordCheckFaile dException:
    > CWWIM4512E The password match failed.
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws.wim.adapter.file.was.FileAdapter.login( FileAdapter.java:
    > 1852)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws.wim.ProfileManager.loginImpl(ProfileMan ager..java:3273)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws.wim.ProfileManager.genericProfileManage rMethod
    > (ProfileManager.java:268)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws.wim.ProfileManager.login(ProfileManager .java:372)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.websphere.wim.ServiceProvider.login(Servic eProvider.java:
    > 482)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws.wim.registry.util.LoginBridge.checkPass word
    > (LoginBridge.java:168)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws.wim.registry.WIMUserRegistry$1.run(WIMU serRegistry.java:
    > 173)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAs
    > (ContextManagerImpl.java:4040)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAsS ystem
    > (ContextManagerImpl.java:4137)
    > * * * * at
    > com.ibm.ws.wim.security.authz.jacc.JACCSecurityMan ager.runAsSuperUser
    > (JACCSecurityManager.java:484)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws.wim.security.authz.ProfileSecurityManag er.runAsSuperUser
    > (ProfileSecurityManager.java:961)

  3. Re: IBM Portal Server not logging in

    Hello ,

    Try to decode the password and verify if it is the same password which
    you think.
    Let me know how it works out !

    thanks
    JAy