IE7 CSS - Conditional comments does not work in Portalv6.1 Theme - Websphere

This is a discussion on IE7 CSS - Conditional comments does not work in Portalv6.1 Theme - Websphere ; Hi , I have an HTML code , top Navigation , designed as drop down menus , using CSS & conditional comments for both IE 6 & 7 , for both Ar & EN , its working fine as pure ...

  1. IE7 CSS - Conditional comments does not work in Portalv6.1 Theme

    Hi ,

    I have an HTML code , top Navigation , designed as drop down menus , using CSS & conditional comments for both IE 6 & 7 , for both Ar & EN , its working fine as pure HTML .

    I used it in the Portal v6.1 theme , as static Navigator as it is , just mapping the portal pages with its URL , instead of the dynamic default TopNav.jspf one .

    the code of the HTML contains [Microsoft CSS - Conditional comments] for the IE6 & IE7 . I am using bylingual also [Eng & Arabic] ,the Arabic Navigator is similar to the English , just the pages names & the direction from Right to left .

    what I notice , The Portal Theme English is working fine In IE7, The Arabic one , gives additional white space to the left , making a large bottom scroll bar . the difference is just in the Arabic , they use the comments for the IE7 for the arabic version .

    Just when this code is added to The theme it does not work correctly , in IE6 , or in IE7 Arabic version .but pure HTML , its working in IE6 & 7 , both languages.

    any advice ?

    Code Ex:

     الصف*ة الرئيسيـة
     الأفــراد

    !--

    المنتجات

    !--

    الخدمات الإلكترونية

    !--

    خدمات أخرى
    فريق البيع المباشر
    للاتصال بنا

    !--

     الشركـات

     الخزينة والاستثمار

    !--

     المؤسسات المالية

    !--

     خدمة السفير

    Regards

  2. Re: IE7 CSS - Conditional comments does not work in Portalv6.1 Theme

    It is by design - conditional comments does not work with themes.
    Vedran

+ Reply to Thread