Track the mostly viewed URL's and number of hits for each portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on Track the mostly viewed URL's and number of hits for each portlet - Websphere ; Hi All, I need to develop a portlet which displays the urls that are mostly viewed. How to keep track of the requests by portal users and get details of number of hits. Please let me know if it is ...

  1. Track the mostly viewed URL's and number of hits for each portlet

    Hi All,
    I need to develop a portlet which displays the urls that are mostly viewed.
    How to keep track of the requests by portal users and get details of number of hits.

    Please let me know if it is not clear.Any help is appreciated...thanks in advance

  2. Re: Track the mostly viewed URL's and number of hits for eachportlet

    Hi,

    I am not sure whether it solves your purpose fully or not, but you can have a look at the AwStats.

    Here is a link: [http://awstats.sourceforge.net/]

    Regards,
    Mihir

  3. Re: Track the mostly viewed URL's and number of hits for eachportlet

    Many Thanks for the reply..
    I checked it. It generates html report whenever I run that tool.
    But I want the same data to be displayed on portlet and that gets refreshed with current information on every visit.

    Is there any way where I can use Tivoli performance viewer in integrated solutions console

    Thanks and regards,
    Sowjanya

  4. Re: Track the mostly viewed URL's and number of hits for eachportlet

    You can evaluate WebSphere Portal Site Analyzer for portal analytics.

    have a look at my post on *[WebSphere Portal Site Analyzer |http://extremeportal.blogspot.com/20...nalyzer.html]*

    You can then write a custom portlet that would read data from sa.log ( site analyzer log file) and show the updated results.

    Also look at *[Portal Analytics Tools |http://extremeportal.blogspot.com/20...s-tools.html]*

    hope that helps...
    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*