Update to 6.1.5 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Update to 6.1.5 - Websphere ; I am trying to get a feel for what the install615.sh file will do...what scripts get kicked off and what happens under the covers before running it. I've downloaded 6.1.0.3 but I can't find the install615.sh starting point in the ...

  1. Update to 6.1.5

    I am trying to get a feel for what the install615.sh file will do...what scripts get kicked off and what happens under the covers before running it. I've downloaded 6.1.0.3 but I can't find the install615.sh starting point in the FP file - any ideas on where I can find it?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Update to 6.1.5

    The install615.sh script will be available in the wp_profile/PoralServer/bin directory after the 6103 upgrade completes. When you execute the install615.sh script, it will do the following:

    - Extract the relevant zip files under the PortalServer/featurepacks directory (also not available until 6103 upgrade completes)
    - Run a handful of ConfigEngine scripts to configure Portal with the 615 features.

    ~HT

  3. Re: Update to 6.1.5

    So where is it in the .zip file? Is it in one of the archive files - I've searched and it doesn't show? I'd like to look at it and trace what it(ant scripts, .py, etc)does before I have to upgrade to 6.1.0.3. We are attempting to determine if we want to do this or not and I'd like to put together a list of some of the things it touches.

    Thanks!

  4. Re: Update to 6.1.5

    Good question, I don't know the answer to that. I'm downloading the fixpack now to see if I can find it but it will be a while. What you'll need to do is completely extract the WP_PTF_6103.jar directory, including all of the jar files within it (each component directory, wp.base for instance, contains its own update.jar file) and search for it that way.

    However, because install615.sh calls ConfigEngine scripts, it will take a considerable amount of time to walk through the entire 615 install to see each and every item it touches.

    I can tell you that it does all of the following, without giving specifics:

    - Touches the PortalServer file structure to expand configuration files
    - Runs wsadmin (jacl scripts) and Java scripts to update the WAS configuration
    - Runs xmlaccess to update Portal configuration
    - Makes direct SQL calls to update the databases
    - Restarts NodeAgent and WebSphere_Portal servers
    - Synchronizes the nodes if in a cluster

    What I would recommend doing is trying this on a test environment first if you're just wanting to evaluate whether or to you want to do this, assuming you have one available anyway.

    ~HT