This is a discussion on Loading user AD Groups at authentication and access them inportlets - Websphere ; Hi All, We are using WPS 6.1 and have a scenario. Most of our portlets needs users Group Information to process the contents. We use PUMA API to load users group information to process the contents. Is it possible to ...

    Hi All,

    We are using WPS 6.1 and have a scenario. Most of our portlets needs users Group Information to process the contents. We use PUMA API to load users group information to process the contents.

    Is it possible to load all "user groups" information or data at the time of authentication itself and then onward use it in the portlets. I was just readin through some PDF and came to know there are base attributes and minimum attributes that can be defined to be loaded at the time of authetication.

    If that is possible i will appriciate any guidance on how to do it and how we can access them in the portlets.

    This may help us to improve some performance, as almost 6 portlets on our first page of portal uses PUMA API to load the groups information and process the content.

    Regards,
    Milind N

  2. Re: Loading user AD Groups at authentication and access them inportlets

    You should be able to store them in the user's session to be accessed more quickly.

    *Matt Munse*

    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

  3. Re: Loading user AD Groups at authentication and access them inportlets

    On Nov 30, 7:56*pm, syphax213 wrote:
    > You should be able to store them in the user's session to be accessed more quickly.
    >
    > *Matt Munse*
    >
    > The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent thepositions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

    Hey Create the use grps thru WPS admin and create a XML file which
    will contain users and roles and while login just parse the XML and
    authenticate as runtime and if user is valid the put the values in the
    portletContext or else create a token you are using StrutsPortlets and
    set the user information and read in the PortalApplication.

    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread