Portal Search - Very very slow - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal Search - Very very slow - Websphere ; Hi all. Firstly, I apologise as this is a cross post from the WebSphere Portal on i5/OS forum. This forum gets more traffic, so I'm hoping that someone will see this here whereas they may not see it there. I've ...

  1. Portal Search - Very very slow

    Hi all.

    Firstly, I apologise as this is a cross post from the WebSphere Portal on i5/OS forum. This forum gets more traffic, so I'm hoping that someone will see this here whereas they may not see it there.

    I've set up search across the WCM content on our Portal 6.1.0.2 System I environment and when I kick it off it seem to take forever to gather any documents and the processor load and paging is practically zero.
    For example, the run I just finished I had set for a maximum of 4 hours and in that time it gathered 110 documents (out of about 10,000).

    We do have errors in the logs as shown below:

    [11/27/09 3:21:06:478 CST] 0000002f OutsideInConv E com.ibm.hrl.ws.util.OutsideInConverter convertInputStreamToByteWithTimeLimit: thread didn't fnish normaly...
    [11/27/09 3:21:06:481 CST] 00000032 SystemOut O Stellent Conversion Error code:
    [11/27/09 3:21:06:481 CST] 00000032 SystemOut O The process was interrupted from the Java side
    [11/27/09 3:26:06:517 CST] 0000002f OutsideInConv E com.ibm.hrl.ws.util.OutsideInConverter convertInputStreamToByteWithTimeLimit: thread didn't fnish normaly...
    [11/27/09 3:26:06:519 CST] 00000032 SystemOut O Stellent Conversion Error code:
    [11/27/09 3:26:06:519 CST] 00000032 SystemOut O The process was interrupted from the Java side

    I cannot see any other errors. I will probably try again shortly with tracing set to a higher level.

    Has anyone seen this before? If so, what was the solution?

    Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

    All the best,
    Tony

  2. Re: Portal Search - Very very slow

    Can you please let me know if this is increased for you by setting "Stop fetching a document after (sec):" to 150, or unlimited.

    This is found when you edit the content source in the manage search.

    Can you tell me, if this is a cluster? Is this a remote search service or local?

    *Matt Munse*

    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

+ Reply to Thread