Login page navigation - Websphere

This is a discussion on Login page navigation - Websphere ; Hi We have done login portlet customization in WebSphere Portal v6.1 using RAD 7.5 After successful login, how can i navigate to separate pages according to the user previleges ie according to the user roles-groups. Please help me in finding ...

  1. Login page navigation

    Hi

    We have done login portlet customization in WebSphere Portal v6.1 using RAD 7.5
    After successful login, how can i navigate to separate pages according to the user previleges ie according to the user roles-groups.

    Please help me in finding solution

    Thanks

  2. Re: Login page navigation

    With AuthenticationFilter you can redirect users to repective pages after login.
    Have a look at my article on *[AuthenticationFilter Scenarios and implementation|http://extremeportal.blogspot.com/20...tion-in.html]*

    hope that helps...
    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  3. Re: Login page navigation

    You might not have to write an authentication filter. You might be able to set different default authenticated pages based on group membership. Refer to this technote:

    http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg21381183

    It would depend on how your groups are set up.

  4. Re: Login page navigation

    This technote
    http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg21381183
    will set *default landing page for all authenticated users* and *requirement is about*
    *setting separate pages according to the user privileges*.

    As i understood from requirement, different authenticated users(groups) will have different landing pages.
    If this is the case, then i think Authentication Filter should be right choice to go with.

    please correct me if i am wrong..

    thanks..
    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  5. Re: Login page navigation

    Attach File Contains Details How to Forward to a page after Logging.

  6. Re: Login page navigation

    Could you tell me what piece of code in your sample (TestLoginPortlet.java) is deciding factor for landing of different portal pages based on user login?

    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  7. Re: Login page navigation

    Whereas the technote explains:

    "Assign access rights to NewPage2 appropriately (generally, ensure All Authenticated Portal Users is in the Privileged User role)"

    you could just as well assign access rights based on group membership. For example, if your pages' ordinals were ordered from lowest to highest:

    Page Group with access
    _____________________________

    PageC GroupC
    PageB GroupB
    PageA GroupA
    Login Anonymous Portal User

    then unauthenticated users would see the login page, users in GroupA would see PageA, users in GroupB would see PageB, and users in GroupC would see PageC. "All Authenticated Portal Users" is just a special group encompassing all users who are logged in. Portal does not require that you use "All Authenticated Portal Users" when assigning access rights. The bottom line is that by default users will see the lowest ordinal page to which they have access. Let me know if you have questions.

  8. Re: Login page navigation

    The formatting on my last post makes it unclear. What I meant was:

    PageC (only GroupC has access)
    PageB (only GroupB has access)
    PageA (only GroupA has access)
    Login (Anonymous Portal User has access)

  9. Re: Login page navigation

    On Dec 1, 6:04*pm, JMW98 wrote:
    > The formatting on my last post makes it unclear. *What I meant was:
    >
    > PageC (only GroupC has access)
    > PageB (only GroupB has access)
    > PageA (only GroupA has access)
    > Login (Anonymous Portal User has access)

    Hi,
    Create the different user-roles as per your requirement and then
    create and drop the user as per the user roles and then set the pages
    as you want for different set of users.
    (USE WPS ADMIN)

+ Reply to Thread