Re: How to avoid heap dumps? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: How to avoid heap dumps? - Websphere ; well it creates heapdumps usually because of out of memory condition, Solve that issue first and you will keep it from filling up space, now you would need to figure out why it is heap dumping, I would suggest either ...

  1. Re: How to avoid heap dumps?

    well it creates heapdumps usually because of out of memory condition, Solve that issue first and you will keep it from filling up space, now you would need to figure out why it is heap dumping, I would suggest either using the heap dump tool or opening a PMR with support

  2. Re: How to avoid heap dumps?

    Hello,
    Some of the error messages suggest a problem in WebSphere asynchronous I/O.

    You might try technote *Disabling AIO (Asynchronous Input/Output) in WebSphere Application Server* at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg21366862. Its relatively easy test to see if it resolves the problem.

    Thank you,
    David Yang
    WebSphere Portal support

    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

  3. Re: How to avoid heap dumps?

    The heapdumps are probably due to an allocation failure. This can be seen by looking at the javacore that is generated. If you see there is free memory in the heap:

    1STHEAPFREE Bytes of Heap Space Free: 1a78f6d8
    1STHEAPALLOC Bytes of Heap Space Allocated: 3e02fc00
    (these values are in hex)

    And the javacore was generated by an out of memory condition (see 1TISIGINFO in the javacore), then the issue would be fragmentation.

    That could be solved by adding the generic JVM argurments of -Xloratio0.2 and -Xk30000

    *Matt Munse*

    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

  4. Re: How to avoid heap dumps?

    Thanks and appreciate all your responses.

    We are analysing all responses and i will get back soon...

    many thanks..
    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

+ Reply to Thread