WCM API, moving content - Websphere

This is a discussion on WCM API, moving content - Websphere ; We are moving to Portal 6.1 shortly and we need to use the custom action feature to write code that will move the content from the site area labeled "articles" to one labeled "archives" instead of actually expiring the content. ...

  1. WCM API, moving content

    We are moving to Portal 6.1 shortly and we need to use the custom action feature to write code that will move the content from the site area labeled "articles" to one labeled "archives" instead of actually expiring the content. This should remove it from showing up in our menu of "live" items, but still let them be searchable in the archives section. I've found enough examples on how to write a custom action and had no troubles implementing the thumbnail action from the Wiki on our test Portal 6.1 server.

    Can someone please explain how I can change the site area only using the WCM API? I've been looking at the WCM API 6.1 javadocs for a while now and am only more confused. This sounds like it would be completely straightforward action of changing the Site Area to the archives site area but there is nothing on the Content that I can find that will allow that action.

    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: WCM API, moving content

    Hi
    Even I need to achieve this, if you are done with it, will you please suggest me, on how should I go about in doing it.
    Thanks and Regards
    Shilpa

    Quote Originally Posted by jkaleda View Post
[...]

+ Reply to Thread