Remote image rendering problem with WCM - Websphere

This is a discussion on Remote image rendering problem with WCM - Websphere ; Hi, I am using Websphere Portal 6.1.0.1 with content manageament. I have different remote server for content management. I am fetching image content from this remote server to my portal server using custom JSP which runs the code. This code ...

  1. Remote image rendering problem with WCM

    Hi,

    I am using Websphere Portal 6.1.0.1 with content manageament. I have different remote server for content management. I am fetching image content from this remote server to my portal server using custom JSP which runs the code. This code is giving me the following HTML string in response and rendered by including this JSP in parent JSP file.

    The image is rendered perfectly right. But the problem is my all other portlets on that page is not working correctly. They have side effects becuase of this image. When I digged down little bit further what I observed is that, I am getting HTTP 500 as status code. Which means that there is something wrong with the request.

    I am not sure why this has happened? When I try with absolute URL path for the image, eg. http://www.gmail.com/images/gmail_logo.jpg then it works fine. But when I try to use the image from the remote server location using WCM then it fails.

    Any idea on how to resolve this?

    Regards,
    Mihir Shah

  2. Re: Remote image rendering problem with WCM

    Hi,

    When I further drill down this issue, what I found is, my HTTP session is lost in my portlet while calling remote anonymous content.

    Following URL has been called from my theme's banner.jspf.

    This content is having anonymous access because of which I am able to access it through /connect. Now the problem is I am setting few parameters in portlet session before this call and when I try to access them after the call, I get null as a result. What I observer is my original session becomes null and I have to create new session.

    Is this a common problem with anonymous content? Is HTTP session vanished when you access anonymous content on remote server?

    Any idea on how to resolve this?

  3. Re: Remote image rendering problem with WCM

    Could any one please reply to this, as i am also facing similar kind
    of issue?

    thanks much..

    http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com

    On Dec 1, 3:33*pm, smart_dev wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > When I further drill down this issue, what I found is, my HTTP session islost in my portlet while calling remote anonymous content.
    >
    > Following URL has been called from my theme's banner.jspf.
    >
    > This content is having anonymous access because of which I am able to access it through /connect. Now the problem is I am setting few parameters in portlet session before this call and when I try to access them after the call, I get null as a result. What I observer is my original session becomes null and I have to create new session.
    >
    > Is this a common problem with anonymous content? Is HTTP session vanishedwhen you access anonymous content on remote server?
    >
    > Any idea on how to resolve this?

+ Reply to Thread