setting public render parameters on a portlet. - Websphere

This is a discussion on setting public render parameters on a portlet. - Websphere ; Hello, I know that we can target a portlet and set the render parameters through the advanced url generation api's. Now would it be possible to set the public render parameters on a portlet without actually generating a url ? ...

  1. setting public render parameters on a portlet.

    Hello,

    I know that we can target a portlet and set the render parameters through the advanced url generation api's. Now would it be possible to set the public render parameters on a portlet without actually generating a url ? We have an ajax portlet that is maintaining state of the portlet and need a way to set a public render parameter outside of the processAction and doView methods of the portlet. Let me know if any suggestions or ideas ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: setting public render parameters on a portlet.

    I am a little confused here, you want to set public render params not using a url, and not in doview, or processaction.

    I am not aware of another way to interact with public render params, but you can use something like dynacache to store data elsewhere