ADMN0022E when running stopServer - Websphere

This is a discussion on ADMN0022E when running stopServer - Websphere ; I just configured my portal 6.1 instance today to use an LDAP repository. I followed the steps in the InfoCenter to setup a stand-alone LDAP user registry. I executed the ConfigEngine wp-modify-ldap-security task and I was successful in getting the ...

  1. ADMN0022E when running stopServer

    I just configured my portal 6.1 instance today to use an LDAP repository. I followed the steps in the InfoCenter to setup a stand-alone LDAP user registry. I executed the ConfigEngine wp-modify-ldap-security task and I was successful in getting the portal configured to use the LDAP. I can now login to portal and the WAS admin console using the LDAP user IDs. So far, things in the portal seem to be working correctly using my LDAP config.

    However, I just found out that I no longer able to run the stopServer command to stop my portal! When I run the command I receive an ADMN0022E error message. And yes, I do have the -username and -password command line options specified. I tried using both the short ID "wasadmin" as well as the full LDAP DN CN=wasadmin,CN=users,... However, neither form of the username seems to allow me to shutdown the portal.

    Do any of the portal experts out there have any advice on what to check or how to diagnose this problem?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: ADMN0022E when running stopServer

    Ok, so I figured out my own problem here. A while back I had modified the stopServer script to include a "-username wpsadmin" and "-password wpsadmin" argument so that I wouldn't have to provide them every time. I had forgotten about making this change, so when I was running the stopServer command from the command line like this:
    stopServer -username ldap_user -password ldap_password
    it was actually attempting to execute the WsServerStop command with a command line like this:
    java ... -username ldap_user -password ldap_password -username wpsadmin -password wpsadmin

    An examination of the logs/WebSphere_Portal/stopServer.log clued me into the extraneous username and password arguments.

+ Reply to Thread