Credential Vault - Password Updating After Changing Password - Websphere

This is a discussion on Credential Vault - Password Updating After Changing Password - Websphere ; How do I update the credential vault password after using a custom password reset portlet? I can do the following: 1) Rediret to custom reset password portlet 2) Validation rules 3) Reset the user's password in LDAP when validation passes ...

  1. Credential Vault - Password Updating After Changing Password

    How do I update the credential vault password after using a custom password reset portlet? I can do the following:

    1) Rediret to custom reset password portlet
    2) Validation rules
    3) Reset the user's password in LDAP when validation passes
    4) Redirect to landing page after successful password change

    However, I can not update the credential vault password. Can someone point me in the right direction?

    I am using WebSphere Portal 6.1.0.2 and my code leverages the loginservice.login method.

    NOTE:I stopped working on this and worked on something else. Now I am back on this issue.

  2. Re: Credential Vault - Password Updating After Changing Password

    Hey...

    are you getting any error when you update the credential vault password?

    Also like to know, are you setting password to vault before authentication?

    thanks..
    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  3. Re: Credential Vault - Password Updating After Changing Password

    You can try to use the following to update the user password:

    wpsadmin
    password

    -FF

  4. Re: Credential Vault - Password Updating After Changing Password

    After user changes password the user is logged in, but the credential vault password update is failing with 'userDN can not be null'.

    I call the code to update the credential vault after the user logs in successfull from the custom password reset portlet.

  5. Re: Credential Vault - Password Updating After Changing Password

    So, I would need to call xmlaccess.sh from Java to use the xml snippet for updating the password in a credential vault from a portlet?

  6. Re: Credential Vault - Password Updating After Changing Password

    This would be prior to authenticating to portal.

  7. Re: Credential Vault - Password Updating After Changing Password

    Problem solved. I was putting the wrong attribute name for 'DN'. Once I added the correct attribute name of 'DN' to the request my error went away and the credential vault password is updated.

    THANK YOU!

+ Reply to Thread