Any tips/links to documentation regarding developing, configuring and
deploying a custom search service for websphere portal? Most of our
content is in a document system other than the IBM wcm system.
However, I can make searches against our document system using a Java
API. Trouble is that I don't know what interface and conventions to
use to build an alternate search service that the portal interfaces
would use to send queries and gain results.

Seems like this should be possible. If there's a redpaper i'm missing
or a page of the infocenter i missed, please link away!

Thanks,

Marc