Change WebSphere Portal admins passwords - Websphere

This is a discussion on Change WebSphere Portal admins passwords - Websphere ; Hi All, Would you let me know which are the real steps for changing Portal passwords? For what I've read in Infocenter ( http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...sec_pswds.html ) you just cahnge it in LDAP. However, I've found several article/forums where users have a ...

  1. Change WebSphere Portal admins passwords

    Hi All,

    Would you let me know which are the real steps for changing Portal passwords?

    For what I've read in Infocenter (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...sec_pswds.html) you just cahnge it in LDAP.

    However, I've found several article/forums where users have a hard time changing passwords... and different steps are added to those in the InfoCenter.

    I need to change password for Portal Administrator, Bind user, and sec_master in Tivoli Access Manager.

    Could you please help me with these?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Change WebSphere Portal admins passwords

    The InfoCenter addresses this subject - refer to the appropriate version below. Be sure to update the RunAs role mappings if those passwords change (by default, these are wpsadmin). As the TAM authentication sections mention, you should not use the actual sec_master as the trusted user account.

    For 6.1, refer to:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...sec_pswds.html
    (general reference)

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce..._tam_auth.html
    (for TAM authentication)

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...srvcfgref.html
    (if TAM also manages authorization - externalaccesscontrol.pdpw)

    For 6.0, refer to:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...etup_auth.html
    (TAM authentication)

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...srvcfgref.html