WebSphere Portal Cluster - WCM Content Update Not Synchronized - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere Portal Cluster - WCM Content Update Not Synchronized - Websphere ; Hi, I have a problem to which WCM content updates are not being synchronized across the Portal nodes. The current Portal environment is running in a horizontal cluster setting with one Portal instance in each nodes connected to a single ...

  1. WebSphere Portal Cluster - WCM Content Update Not Synchronized

    Hi,

    I have a problem to which WCM content updates are not being synchronized across the Portal nodes. The current Portal environment is running in a horizontal cluster setting with one Portal instance in each nodes connected to a single database server, hosting the Portal data (running in DB2 V9.1).

    The portal is in WebSphere Portal V6.1 (with FP 1). Content was updated through Portal Node 1 but the change was not reflected when accessed from Portal Node 2 for the span of few days. The changes was

    Any ideas on the cause of this problem? Any possibilities that it could relate to cache?

    Appreciate of any views or inputs.

    Thanks.
    Cheers,
    CW

  2. Re: WebSphere Portal Cluster - WCM Content Update Not Synchronized

    Portal really sucks in horizontal cluster, I have come across situations where if you create new page/change access to page or portlet, it wont appear on other cluster members. Even new application doesn't reach other cluster member.

    btw, try :
    WPConfig.sh action-full-sync-nodes
    Or else, you may need to run syncNode.sh from AppServer. But unfortunately, that require Portal to be stopped.

    Thanks
    Akash

  3. Re: WebSphere Portal Cluster - WCM Content Update Not Synchronized

    Hi,

    Thanks. But how do you manage those situations where the new contents/pages are not visible in other cluster nodes? Is it to re-run sync nodes script manually?

    I supposed WPConfig.sh is for WPS 6.0. Means for WPS 6.1 is it through ConfigEngine? E.g. ConfigEngine action-full-sync-nodes.

    Thanks.

  4. Re: WebSphere Portal Cluster - WCM Content Update Not Synchronized

    Hi,

    Have found out the cause and solution of the WCM synchronization inconsistency.
    It is actually relates to DRS (Data Replication Service). DRS will help to propagate changes introduced on one WCM instance to the other WCM cluster mates.

    And in order for the DRS to work, the high availability manager (HAManager) service has to be enabled.

    May refer to the following:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21267864

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread