xmlaccess error on WPS 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on xmlaccess error on WPS 6.1 - Websphere ; Hi, when i run simple xmlaccess.bat from /bin directory, it's saying java class not found portal\portal i run following c:\ibmportal\portalserver\bin\xmlaccess.bat and the output is *java class not found portal\portal* cany oneone tell, what is wrong here? thanks.. ** *[Extreme Portal| ...

  1. xmlaccess error on WPS 6.1

    Hi,

    when i run simple xmlaccess.bat from /bin directory, it's saying

    java class not found portal\portal

    i run following

    c:\ibmportal\portalserver\bin\xmlaccess.bat

    and the output is
    *java class not found portal\portal*

    cany oneone tell, what is wrong here?

    thanks..
    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  2. Re: xmlaccess error on WPS 6.1

  3. Re: xmlaccess error on WPS 6.1

    thanks for your reply..
    yes i have also tried running xmlaccess from /wp_profile/portalserer/bin and got the same result..

    java class not found portal\portal

    any one tell me what could be the cause?

    thanks..
    **
    *[ExtremePortal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  4. Re: xmlaccess error on WPS 6.1

    It seems to be a classpath issue. Ensure JAVA and WPS_HOME in the xmlaccess script have the correct values. Check the classpath and verify against a system where xmlaccess works if possible.

  5. Re: xmlaccess error on WPS 6.1

    sorry for responding late..

    yes, my xmlaceess.bat has corrent values for JAVA_HOME

    these are the entries of my portalserver/bin/xmlaccess.bat

    @echo off

    set JAVA="D:/IBM Portal/Portal server/AppServer/java/bin/java"
    set WPS_HOME="D:/IBM Portal/Portal server/PortalServer"

    %JAVA% -classpath %WPS_HOME%\base\wp.xml.client\bin\wp.xml.client.ja r;%WPS_HOME%\base\wp.base\shared\app\wp.base.jar;% WAS_HOME%\lib\j2ee.jar com.ibm.wps.xmlaccess.XmlAccess %*

    for the JAVA path set above, i have java.exe file located under
    D:/IBM Portal/Portal server/AppServer/java/bin/

    WPS_HOME set above is also correct..

    i saw the same entries on our another portal installation machine and found that both are same...and xmlaccess works fine on that machine..

    if both the entries are same then what could be the reason for the error
    java class not found portal/portal after running xmlaccess.bat

    thanks..
    **
    *[ExtremePortal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  6. Re: xmlaccess error on WPS 6.1

    Did you manually change anything in xmlaccess.bat?
    The classpath should contain more jar files.

    Mine contains the following,
    set cpath=
    set cpath=%cpath%;C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/plugins/com.ibm.ws.runtime_6.1.0.jar
    set cpath=%cpath%;C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/bootstrap.jar
    set cpath=%cpath%;C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/plugins/com.ibm.ws.emf_2.1.0.jar
    set cpath=%cpath%;C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/plugins/org.eclipse.emf.ecore_2.2.1.v200609210005.jar
    set cpath=%cpath%;C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/plugins/org.eclipse.emf.common_2.2.1.v200609210005.jar

    -FF

  7. Re: xmlaccess error on WPS 6.1

    No Fanq...I have the same entries as Neeraj machine has and xmlaccess.bat is working fine for me.

    Thanks,
    Raj.

+ Reply to Thread