How to migrate portlets from portal 5.1 to 6.1? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to migrate portlets from portal 5.1 to 6.1? - Websphere ; We have to migrate portlets from old Portal Server version 5.1 to new Portal Server version 6.1(which is a fresh installation). I was thinking of using WPMigrate export-apps. Not sure, if this is the best way to do. Has anybody ...

  1. How to migrate portlets from portal 5.1 to 6.1?

    We have to migrate portlets from old Portal Server version 5.1 to new Portal Server version 6.1(which is a fresh installation). I was thinking of using WPMigrate export-apps. Not sure, if this is the best way to do. Has anybody used this utility for this kind of migration?

    Anyone has any other ideas on how to perform this migration? Thanks a lot.

    Regards,
    Sridevi.

  2. Re: How to migrate portlets from portal 5.1 to 6.1?

    Good evening..
    First I would visit our migration central for info.
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21296071

    However, with that said, the immediate answer is to follow the infocenter migration steps.
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...otrun_min.html

    and then review the 6.1 as well for preparation.

    Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread