restrict the size of a Portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on restrict the size of a Portlet - Websphere ; Hi! I have a new problem. I hae a page with two portlets.Sometimes my second portlet is visible or hidden, I do this setting the window state to NORMAL or to MINIMIZED. My problem is when my portlet is normal ...

  1. restrict the size of a Portlet

    Hi! I have a new problem. I hae a page with two portlets.Sometimes my second portlet is visible or hidden, I do this setting the window state to NORMAL or to MINIMIZED.
    My problem is when my portlet is normal I would like to restrict the size of this portlet to 20% but I have no idea to do this.
    I have read this:

    +The NORMAL window state indicates that a portlet may be sharing the page with other portlets. It may also indicate that the target device has limited display capabilities. Therefore, a portlet should restrict the size of its rendered output in this window state.+

    But I don't know how can I restrict the size to the 20% of my page.

    I'm using IBM websphere portal.
    I have also found this information [URL]http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r...ent.doc/wps/dnd_rearrange.html[URL] but with this my problem is when my portlet is minimized the 20% is empty and the other portlet must take the 100% not the 80% in this case.

    How can I do this?
    Help me please.
    Thanks very much.

  2. Re: restrict the size of a Portlet

    Have a look at my post on *[Setting Size of portlets on a page|http://extremeportal.blogspot.com/20...on-page.html]*

    hope that helps..

    thanks.
    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  3. Re: restrict the size of a Portlet

    Hi! I know this way of setting a size , thanks. But the problem with is that he percentage is also used for the second portlet when It is empty, so I want to change it at runtime.
    I'm investigating about changing it on javascript getting the table element, which is defined at UnlayeredContainer-H.jsp This file is from the skins folder.
    Thanks

  4. Re: restrict the size of a Portlet

    Hi!
    For now, my best solution is edit UnlayeredContainer-H.jsp under skins folder and add an id for the first table element on this file.
    Then in the jsp of my portlet I get the table element with the ID and get the cell of my portlet and set the width.

    var tableElement = document.getElementById("tableID");
    tableElement.rows[0].cells[1].width = "22%";

    In my example I only have two portlets on the same row so I use 0 index for rows and 1 index for the second portlet.

    Thanks

  5. Re: restrict the size of a Portlet

    oh cool....

    thanks for sharing information...