Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x - Websphere ; The URL in the browser should be an external URL. This is the error in the logs: [10/20/09 12:51:44:314 PDT] 0000008a WebApp E SRVE0026E: [Servlet Error]-[/themes/html/SwinStandard/styles_integrator.jsp(44,46) JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource /themes/html/SwinStandard/styles_cacheSettings.jspf]: com.ibm.ws.jsp.JspCoreException: /themes/html/SwinStandard/styles_integrator.jsp(44,46) JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource /themes/html/SwinStandard/styles_cacheSettings.jspf ...

  1. Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x

    The URL in the browser should be an external URL.

    This is the error in the logs:

    [10/20/09 12:51:44:314 PDT] 0000008a WebApp E SRVE0026E: [Servlet Error]-[/themes/html/SwinStandard/styles_integrator.jsp(44,46) JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource /themes/html/SwinStandard/styles_cacheSettings.jspf]: com.ibm.ws.jsp.JspCoreException: /themes/html/SwinStandard/styles_integrator.jsp(44,46) JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource /themes/html/SwinStandard/styles_cacheSettings.jspf
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.document.Jsp2Dom.getJspD ocumentAsJspPage(Jsp2Dom.java:300)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.document.Jsp2Dom.getJspD ocument(Jsp2Dom.java:179)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.JspTranslator.(JspTransl ator.java:73)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.JspTranslatorFactory.cre ateTranslator(JspTranslatorFactory.java:116)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.utils.JspTranslatorUtil. translateJsp(JspTranslatorUtil.java:224)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.utils.JspTranslatorUtil. translateJspAndCompile(JspTranslatorUtil.java:106)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServlet Wrapper.translateJsp(JSPExtensionServletWrapper.ja va:450)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServlet Wrapper._checkForTranslation(JSPExtensionServletWr apper.java:419)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServlet Wrapper.checkForTranslation(JSPExtensionServletWra pper.java:280)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServlet Wrapper.handleRequest(JSPExtensionServletWrapper.j ava:157)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionProcess or.handleRequest(JSPExtensionProcessor.java:263)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:347)
    at com.ibm.wps.cacheproxy.CacheProxyServlet.handleReq uest(CacheProxyServlet.java:304)
    at com.ibm.wps.cacheproxy.CacheProxyServlet.doGet(Cac heProxyServlet.java:187)

    Make sure that JSP is in your theme.

    Ryan

    SCJP & SCWCD

  2. Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x

    Hi Ryan,
    Based on errors from systemout.log I copied styles_cacheSettings.jspf and styles_rules.jspf from IBM theme to our custom theme folder. I have attached new logs. I cant find anything obvious in the log. Please let me know what you find.

    thanks!
    Gobinath velmurugan

  3. Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x

    Gobinath,

    From the logs everything looks OK, meaning there are no exceptions.

    Could you please provide the following:

    1.) A screenshot of what you see when going to the external URL
    2.) While on this page perform a Save-as "webpage .complete"
    3.) Provide me with the HTTP traffic (you can use Fiddler)
    4.) Collect a clean set of portal logs at the same time.
    5.) A complete xmlAccess export of the system.

    Ryan

    SCJP & SCWCD

  4. Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x

    I have attached all requested files with the exception of xmlaccess output. Please let me know how to do xmlaccess export.
    Althougth I have attached all sessions form fiddler I am not sure if I sent the right one. please confirm.

    Currently : when I click on the portal tab called "waiTest" from our custom theme then the portal is going to external url and it is diplaying custom theme tabs content and the external page content. The only issue is Custom themes tabs are not displayed with styles applied. They are simply displayed as hyperlinks (in fact hyperlink works as well). if we can display those contents in portal tabs then that is all we need.

    There is also a launch button displayed. can we suppress launch button not to be shown. These screens shots are in the word document attached.

    Thanks!
    Gobinath Velmurugan

  5. Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x

    Additionally I am attaching a video file to show how far it is working.

    Thanks!
    Gobinath Velmurugan

  6. Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x

    On top of above requested log files which I sent earlier, I am attaching xmlAccess export of portal system. Please review and let me know if you find any issues.
    I used the link below as reference to complete xmlAccess export:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...&cc=us&lang=en

    Thanks!
    Gobinath Velmurugan

  7. Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x

    Hi Ryan,
    I have attached
    web.complete and its files.
    I also copied the script into browser and then saved it. That is also in the attachment.

    Thanks!
    Gobinath Velmurugan

  8. Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x

    Gobinath,

    From the Fiddler tracing I see the following requests:
    http://portal05.si.ads/wps/myportal/...webapp.waiTest
    http://portal05.si.ads/wps/themes/ht...ContextMenu.js
    http://portal05.si.ads/wps/themes/ht.../context_ie.js
    http://portal05.si.ads/wps/themes/ht...u_disabled.gif
    http://portal05.si.ads/wps/myportal/.../0wcA1NLTeQ!!/

    From the webpage .complete and html source I see the following:
    document.write(" ");

    and

    What this shows is that the WAI code is writing this markup but the request is never made from the browser. Since there are no styles the theme
    is displaying like you see it.

    As a simple test could you please place this URL in the browser and see if anything is returned.
    http://portal05.si.ads/wps/CacheProx...integrator.jsp

    Another possible test would be the change the following code in the webAppIntegratorTheme.jspf file from

    document.write(" link href=' wai:cacheProxyUrl forceAbsolute="true" forwardurl=" ");

    document.write(" link href=' wai:urlFindInTheme forceAbsolute="true" theme=' ");

    //document.write(" link href=' wai:cacheProxyUrl forceAbsolute="true" forwardurl="");

    Touch the default.jsp in the webAppIntegratorTheme folder of your custom theme to force a recompile.

    Ryan

    SCJP & SCWCD

  9. Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x

    Like you suggested I tried to open the link below in a new browser window and I get "Error 404: SRVE0190E: File not found: /themes/html/SwinStandard/colors/default.properties"
    http://portal05.si.ads/wps/CacheProx...integrator.jsp

    i also tried this by using IBM theme and for some reason custom theme is still called and so the output is the same.

    thanks!
    Gobinath

  10. Re: webAppIntegrator dont work in portal 6.0.x

    do you have /themes/html/SwinStandard/colors/default.properties in your theme?

    Ryan

    SCJP & SCWCD