Accessing DB Info from Themes - Websphere

This is a discussion on Accessing DB Info from Themes - Websphere ; One of the requirements i stumbled upon is i need a way to read some table data and display it in the Themes. How would i integrate hibernate framework for table reads in my Theme code?...

  1. Accessing DB Info from Themes

    One of the requirements i stumbled upon is i need a way to read some table data and display it in the Themes. How would i integrate hibernate framework for table reads in my Theme code?

  2. Re: Accessing DB Info from Themes

    Hi,

    Since themes are part of portal, which in turn is part of the servlet context so you can write java codes in jsp/jspf of the themes. And the necesscary jars for accessing the jars can be made available at shared/app.

  3. Re: Accessing DB Info from Themes

    damid, do NOT put java code in your JSPs. If you do, you will be creating a maintenance nightmare, especially with the JDBC code.

    Instead, create a custom tag and include in in your themes.

    To learn how to access a Custom Tag from the theme, checkout:

    http://mycrappytechnologyblog.wordpr...-tag-in-theme/

+ Reply to Thread