Portal server - setting up application pages - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal server - setting up application pages - Websphere ; Hi, When I am trying to setup my portlet pages of the application, I am getting the following error: EJPXB0015E: Server response indicates an error. And, when the server starts, the console shows the following errors: [10/14/09 13:04:31:826 IST] 0000004d ...

  1. Portal server - setting up application pages

    Hi,
    When I am trying to setup my portlet pages of the application, I am getting the following error:
    EJPXB0015E: Server response indicates an error.

    And, when the server starts, the console shows the following errors:
    [10/14/09 13:04:31:826 IST] 0000004d Engine E com.ibm.wps.command.xml.Engine XMLEngine EJPFB0002E: Exception occurred.
    com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0043E: An error occurred while creating or updating the resource. [web-app 1_QE3LI52308G620I4K37FA81022]
    Caused by: com.ibm.wps.command.applications.AppWarFileExcepti on: EJPPF0015E: Error occurred while reading portlet application iwmfeedbackportlet.IWMFeedbackPortlet.22898d86d1. Load of class com.iwm.feedback.IWMFeedBackPortlet failed.
    WrappedException is: com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.exceptions.WarClassNotFoundExce ption: EJPPF0015E: Error occurred while reading portlet application iwmfeedbackportlet.IWMFeedbackPortlet.22898d86d1. Load of class com.iwm.feedback.IWMFeedBackPortlet failed.

    com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.exceptions.WarClassNotFoundExce ption: EJPPF0015E: Error occurred while reading portlet application iwmfeedbackportlet.IWMFeedbackPortlet.22898d86d1. Load of class com.iwm.feedback.IWMFeedBackPortlet failed.
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManage rStandardImpl.checkForResources(DeploymentManagerS tandardImpl.java:1441)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManage rStandardImpl.getPortletApplicationInfo(Deployment ManagerStandardImpl.java:1315)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractPortletDeplo ymentManagerImpl.getApplicationInfo(AbstractPortle tDeploymentManagerImpl.java:790)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractDeploymentMa nagerImpl.getApplicationInfo(AbstractDeploymentMan agerImpl.java:1586)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractDeploymentMa nagerImpl.update(AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.jav a:670)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.AbstractApplicationManagerImpl. updateWebModule(AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.jav a:1347)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.AbstractApplicationManagerImpl. updateWebModule(AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.jav a:1208)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.UpdateWebApplicat ionCommand.execute(UpdateWebApplicationCommand.jav a:156)
    ... 37 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: DeploymentClassLoader.findClass: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/iwm/portlet/StateManager
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.util.DeploymentClass Loader.findClass(DeploymentClassLoader.java:73)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.util.DeploymentClass Loader.loadClass(DeploymentClassLoader.java:133)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManage rStandardImpl.checkForResources(DeploymentManagerS tandardImpl.java:1434)
    ... 44 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/iwm/portlet/StateManager
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java (Compiled Code))
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java :708)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.util.DeploymentClass Loader.findClass(DeploymentClassLoader.java:69)
    ... 47 more

    [10/14/09 13:04:32:170 IST] 0000004d Engine E com.ibm.wps.command.xml.Engine XMLEngine EJPFB0002E: Exception occurred.
    com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0043E: An error occurred while creating or updating the resource. [web-app]
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.execItem(Upda teEngine.java:260)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.processItem(U pdateEngine.java:189)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.updateTopLeve lItem(UpdateEngine.java:155)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlAccessHandler.fillObjec tModel(XmlAccessHandler.java:343)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlAccessHandler.endElemen t(XmlAccessHandler.java:225)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endEle ment(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.endEl ement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.sc anEndElement(Unknown Source)

    Caused by: com.ibm.wps.command.applications.AppWarFileExcepti on: EJPPF0015E: Error occurred while reading portlet application iwmfundsearchportlet.IWMFundSearchPortlet.0ecfafdb b1. Load of class com.iwm.fundsearch.IWMFundSearchPortlet failed.
    WrappedException is: com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.exceptions.WarClassNotFoundExce ption: EJPPF0015E: Error occurred while reading portlet application iwmfundsearchportlet.IWMFundSearchPortlet.0ecfafdb b1. Load of class com.iwm.fundsearch.IWMFundSearchPortlet failed.
    at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.AbstractApplicati onsCommand.throwAppMgrException(AbstractApplicatio nsCommand.java:483)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.InstallWebApplica tionCommand.execute(InstallWebApplicationCommand.j ava:134)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.items.WebApplicationItem.c reateNormal(WebApplicationItem.java:496)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.items.WebApplicationItem.c reate(WebApplicationItem.java:452)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.execItem(Upda teEngine.java:235)
    ... 35 more
    Caused by: com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.exceptions.WarClassNotFoundExce ption: EJPPF0015E: Error occurred while reading portlet application iwmfundsearchportlet.IWMFundSearchPortlet.0ecfafdb b1. Load of class com.iwm.fundsearch.IWMFundSearchPortlet failed.
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManage rStandardImpl.checkForResources(DeploymentManagerS tandardImpl.java:1441)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManage rStandardImpl.getPortletApplicationInfo(Deployment ManagerStandardImpl.java:1315)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractPortletDeplo ymentManagerImpl.getApplicationInfo(AbstractPortle tDeploymentManagerImpl.java:790)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractDeploymentMa nagerImpl.getApplicationInfo(AbstractDeploymentMan agerImpl.java:1586)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractDeploymentMa nagerImpl.install(AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.ja va:407)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.AbstractApplicationManagerImpl. installWebModule(AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.ja va:588)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.AbstractApplicationManagerImpl. installWebModule(AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.ja va:487)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.InstallWebApplica tionCommand.execute(InstallWebApplicationCommand.j ava:126)
    ... 38 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.iwm.fundsearch.IWMFundSearchPortlet
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.util.DeploymentClass Loader.loadClass(DeploymentClassLoader.java:164)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManage rStandardImpl.checkForResources(DeploymentManagerS tandardImpl.java:1434)
    ... 45 more

    Can anyone decode this log for me and tell me how I can remove these bugs?

    TIA.

  2. Re: Portal server - setting up application pages

    To me this looks like your war file is missing a class. There is one exception thrown in your stacktrace:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.iwm.fundsearch.IWMFundSearchPortlet

    Looks like you somewhere refer to class com.iwm.fundsearch.IWMFundSearchPortlet (possibly in portlet.xml?), but this class is not shipped with your war file.

    Oliver

+ Reply to Thread