Displaying portal page titles in the Browser banner - Websphere

This is a discussion on Displaying portal page titles in the Browser banner - Websphere ; Hi, I would like to display the page title in the browser banner, so as the user navigates to different portal pages the browser banner displays the page title. I could only find a note on changing the engine.properties file ...

  1. Displaying portal page titles in the Browser banner

    Hi,

    I would like to display the page title in the browser banner, so as the user navigates to different portal pages the browser banner displays the page title.

    I could only find a note on changing the engine.properties file (title parameter).

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Displaying portal page titles in the Browser banner

    You can configure it as Page meta data and get it in your theme.

  3. Re: Displaying portal page titles in the Browser banner

    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately there are too many pages to go and set page meta data. I am trying to find if there is a portal tag that returns the page name, which I can use in the section of the head.jspf.

  4. Re: Displaying portal page titles in the Browser banner

    just get the name from the portal navigation tags...

    do something like this,
    {code}

    {code}

  5. Re: Displaying portal page titles in the Browser banner

    Thanks for the reply.

    I managed to get it working by using the navigation SPI from with the theme. In the head_setup.jspf, I included:

    Then in the head_title.jspf, I called the pageTitle:

    -

+ Reply to Thread