Portal 6.1 login customization - setting custom attributes - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal 6.1 login customization - setting custom attributes - Websphere ; Hi, I have implemented custom login in Portal 6.1 by implementing the ImplicitLoginFilter class. In the class that implements the Filter I have an object that needs to be available in the portlets. I tried the following {code} Map attributes ...

  1. Portal 6.1 login customization - setting custom attributes

    Hi,
    I have implemented custom login in Portal 6.1 by implementing the ImplicitLoginFilter class. In the class that implements the Filter I have an object that needs to be available in the portlets.

    I tried the following
    {code}
    Map attributes = new HashMap();
    attributes.put("memberinfo", memberInfo);
    pumaHome.getController().setAttributes(pumaHome.ge tProfile().getCurrentUser(), attributes);
    {code}

    and I am receiving the below error...

    [10/7/09 9:18:46:142 EDT] 00000048 SystemErr R Caused by: com.ibm.portal.puma.AttributeNotDefinedException: EJPSG0007E: One of the attribute specified is not defined for this member type.

    Any help on how to set this object during login and retrieve it in the portlet is appreciated.

    -Jacob

  2. Re: Portal 6.1 login customization - setting custom attributes

    Hi Jacob,

    i would suggest to store your object into DynaCache and inside portlets whereever you need, just lookup dynacache service and get your object.

    thanks..
    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  3. Re: Portal 6.1 login customization - setting custom attributes

    Thanks Neeraj... Your solution worked for me.

+ Reply to Thread