Remote Search not working with WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Remote Search not working with WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.6 - Websphere ; When I try to configure the "Search and Browse" portlet for remote search I get the error messages: "com.ibm.hrl.portlets.WsPse.PortletWebScannerExcept ion: EJPJ00119E: Failed to initialize portal collections services." "com.ibm.hrl.portlets.WsPse.PortletWebScannerExcept ion: EJPJO0032E: Unable to create WebScanner." The SystemOut.log of the remote PSE ...

  1. Remote Search not working with WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.6

    When I try to configure the "Search and Browse" portlet for remote search I get the error messages:

    "com.ibm.hrl.portlets.WsPse.PortletWebScannerExcept ion: EJPJ00119E: Failed to initialize portal collections services."
    "com.ibm.hrl.portlets.WsPse.PortletWebScannerExcept ion: EJPJO0032E: Unable to create WebScanner."

    The SystemOut.log of the remote PSE server contains:

    "SECJ0053E: Authorization failed for /UNAUTHENTICATED while invoking (Home)ejb/com/ibm/hrl/portlets/WsPse/WebScannerLiteEJBHome" and "UNAUTHENTICATED is not granted any of the required roles: SearchUser"

    However, I have mapped the SearchUser role to the WAS admin user of the WebSphere Portal WAS. This failure disappears as soon as I map SearchUser to "Everyone" - but that's not what I want.

    The PSE WAS is on a separate node which is not part of the portal cluster, I have installed WebScannerEjbEar.ear and PseLibs.zip as described in "Preparing for remote search service" in the InfoCenter.

    The PSE WAS and the WebSphere Portal Cluster have security enabled and are configured for the same LDAP directory. Authentication and LTPA single-sign-on are working fine.

    Can anybody help with this?

    -Otto

  2. Re: Remote Search not working with WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.6

    Hello,
    Please verify that you installed the *6.0.1.6-RemotePSE.zip* available on technote *Recommended Updates for WebSphere Portal and Web Content Management V6.0* at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg24024380.

    Verify that you followed *Setting the search user ID* at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...tsttusrid.html.

    Otherwise, you probably need to create a PMR to IBM support to investigate this problem.

    Thank you,
    David Yang
    WebSphere Portal support

    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

+ Reply to Thread