Active Directory DN Changed what can be impact on WCM and PortalPrefrence - Websphere

This is a discussion on Active Directory DN Changed what can be impact on WCM and PortalPrefrence - Websphere ; Hi All, We are using IBM WebSphere Portal V6.1 and Active Directory as user repository. We have a change in Portal Active Directory user and Groups DN, As a result we started seeing some weired behaviour in portal WCM and ...

  1. Active Directory DN Changed what can be impact on WCM and PortalPrefrence

    Hi All,

    We are using IBM WebSphere Portal V6.1 and Active Directory as user repository.

    We have a change in Portal Active Directory user and Groups DN, As a result we started seeing some weired behaviour in portal WCM and Groups access.

    1) WCM authors can not see the old items in My Items section of their authoring portlet.
    2) Liberary security applied using Groups shows blank entries no group name displayed.
    3) Uses facing problem accessing portal pages.

    We can fix WCM issues using Member fixer tool, but member fixer only fixes the WCM issues. Not other portal resource permissions. Am i right?

    I have two question here

    1) What are the ideal steps for running member fixer. Do we need to take backup of portal and database before running member fixer.

    2)How the portlet prefrences are stored, are they stored with refrence of DN or CN or login id. Do we need to consider any impact of this DN change on portlet prefrences?

    I will appriciate any help and guide lines on this.

    Regards,
    Milind N

  2. Re: Active Directory DN Changed what can be impact on WCM andPortal Prefrence

    This is probably not a simple matter, but the following general steps may work, as long as you know what exactly they mean,
    - backup the system, files, database, WCM data, LDAP, etc;
    - generate a full export using XMLaccess using ExportRelease.xml;
    - configure security to restore file based repository (i.e. back to out-of-the-box security);
    - reconfigure LDAP security with the new LDAP structure;
    - modify the XML file generated above to match the new DNs of the users and groups;
    - import the XML file back to fix the Portal Access Control settings;
    - Run XMLaccess with "CleanupUsers.xml" as input and then import the result back to clean up the DB entries in Portal database;
    - Run Memberfixer in WCM to fix the WCM content.

    -FF

  3. Re: Active Directory DN Changed what can be impact on WCM andPortal Prefrence

    Thanks Fang for the quick reply, These steps gives me good idea on how to come out of this current situation.

    Thanks again.
    Milind N

+ Reply to Thread