Portlet rendering - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portlet rendering - Websphere ; Hi, can any one tell me where can i look into the code of the screenRender tag? Or is there any way i can manually render specific portlet that i want? Thanks....

  1. Portlet rendering

    Hi, can any one tell me where can i look into the code of the screenRender tag?
    Or is there any way i can manually render specific portlet that i want?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Portlet rendering

    If you want complete control of portlet rendering (and are running portal 6.1) you could use
    the static content rendering for portal,
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...1/dev/spa.html

    This is quite flexible.

    But with regards to the screenrender tag, the markup it generates around the portlets is controlled by the unlayeredcontainer files in the default skin.

    One way of accomplishing what you are talking about is you could create a skin around the portlet with
    css display:none on it, and then use css or javascript to display the portlet somewhere else on the page.

  3. Re: Portlet rendering

    Hi, i believe the info that u provided to me is very useful, i'll go have a look and try it out first!
    Thanks.

  4. Re: Portlet rendering

    Hi,about the static content rendering method, can it be used directly in default.jsp?

    I had followed the example provided in this page

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...fine_page.html

    and tried it in default.jsp
    but it is not working...

    Thanks.

  5. Re: Portlet rendering

    It won't work in default.jsp

    the point of the static content rendering is to make you able to take a static html page and add portal navigation and portlets to it.

    If you want to use default.jsp then the simplest way to make a portlet display outside of the sceenrender tag is to use css. You could also use an Iframe

  6. Re: Portlet rendering

    Hi,
    i am now able to render the portlet using static content page.
    However, i am not able to use css to change the look and feel of the portlet, it seems like it doesn'3t respond to my css...pls check the attachment to have a look at my current portlet.

    besides that, the following example generates error when "id" is used instead of style portlet definition:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...t_mcrfrmt.html

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread